Goodman GMV95 furnace + install - price quote

An HVAC contractor is quoting me $3,200 on the Goodman GMV95 furnace (95% efficiency 90K BTU, two-stage burner, variable speed.) The price includes:
- furnace and all the hardware/parts, etc, - labor, installation - that includes running two 3" PVC pipes (exhaust, combstion air intake) to the outside of the house (BTW, he's running it through the basement wall and putting the outside vent several inches above ground outside), - Honewell TH8000 thermostat, - haul away the old furnace.
Does $3,200 sound reasonable for this job? This is in the Denver Metro.
snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com writes:

Yeah, seems reasonable provided they're competent.
But, you should be aware of this little chart before you sign up for a Goodman, which shows them apparently the least reliable brand in CU's survey for that year. Then again, teh irony of the fine print saying that differences of less than 5 points aren't statistically meaningful is sort of funny considering all appear to be within 5 points of 20 one another. :-)
http://www.consumerreports.org/cro/home-garden/heating-cooling-air/furnaces-repair-history-205/overview/index.htm
I paid $3824 after deciding on a Bryant (Carrier with less marketing overhead, best I can tell) 2-stage 94% AFUE, variable speed 80,0000/52,000 unit installed by a company holding the highest Bryant certification level in the area. That was the quote I selected among 5 companies that came out. I didn't price Goodman though.
Best Regards, -- Todd H. http://www.toddh.net /
A good friend who is a retired HVAC teacher likes goodman because they use common off the shelf parts that are easily available and low cost, rather than high cost spoecial OEM only pieces available from the furnace manufacturer and no one else:(
snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com wrote:

Not for a $1200 furnace - unless he's re-ducting your whole house.
That's why ya get more than one estimate.
I can't comment on the Denver area, but in western NY, that would be a bit high. I'd suggest a couple more quotes.
The couple times I've worked on, or worked with Goodman equipment it has been basic, straight forward, and reasonable equipment.
--

Christopher A. Young
You can\'t shout down a troll.