Goodbye 100w, 75w Incandescent Lamps

He knows everything that Rush Limbaugh told him about it. What more do you need?

Reply to
salty

If true, that is indeed clear enough... ;-(

Must be a vast frozen wasteland, totally dark and at

-60F for 6 months of the year. That's the place were the liberal press shows phoney pictures from down south, with mountains and so on, and claims it is really ANWR...

Except, none of that is true!

Reply to
Floyd L. Davidson

.. completely missing the point about whose idea it was in the first place. Idjit above was blaming the President for something Congress did.

Reply to
Doug Miller

just look

world for

It is a clear example of how far the real operating draw is from the nameplate rating.

I used a Fluke 87.

Reply to
Pete C.

Wrong. In 1997, the Senate had 55 to 45 Republican majority, and the House had a 227 to 204 Republican majority (with 4 seats vacant).

Wrong again. Kissinger shared the 1973 Nobel Peace Prize with Le Duc Tho of North Vietnam. Arafat's was 21 years later, shared with Shimon Peres and Yitzhak Rabin.

Reply to
Doug Miller

just look

world for

Which has exactly NOTHING to do with anything I have said, Petey.

Yes, I'm sure you did. Especially after you touted using the "kill a watt" as the method you recommend.

Reply to
salty

to just look

video world for

aprenticeship,

and the

It has plenty to do with what you said and everyone reading this thread (all two or three) can clearly see the relevance.

Yea, I recommended the Kill-a-Watt since it's a lot cheaper than a Fluke

87 with an 80i400 amp probe and a lot more accessible to the average consumer. I'll note that reading from the Kill-a-Watt I have match nicely with those from the Fluke so the Kill-a-Watt is plenty accurate.
Reply to
Pete C.

Which is pretty much what the Feds did when they made it a reserve. The feds own the land What gives them the right to decide to keep the owners in poverty by not allowing them to develop their own land?. BTW: did they actually own it.

Yep. That no one is discussing messing with this section here.

Your take. So it MUST be true and the only way to go?

They certainly did. Congress passed the law that said it was hokey dokey to go ahead, it was Clinton unilaterally who said otherwise as a sop to his base.

It was set aside for exploration by Congress. they looked at it and the impact was such that they approved it.

yeah right. But the caribou herd that migrates through Prudhoe Bay has increased from 3,000 to 23,000 since drilling commenced there in 1977. Opponents of drilling cannot point to a single species that has been driven to extinction or even a population decline attributable to Prudhoe Bay. Another wildlife refuge in Alaska, the Kenai National Wildlife Refuge, has had drilling onsite for decades. The oil production there rarely makes the news because it has not caused any problems, even though Kenai has far more wildlife than ANWR. Oh, the humanity!!!! These figures BTW are from Alaska's government figures.

First of all the original post was fact free, just statements about how it should not have been done. It studiously ignored the fact that the area in question was put aside for drilling SUBJECT to CONGRESSIONAL APPROVAL which was given, but then a single man, Mr. C, stopped the Congressional approval. Also there is little indication of "horrendous impact" on Prudhoe Bay, another fact free zone since you did not deem fit to actually apply a fact or two.

Seems more than you do.

Reply to
Kurt Ullman

I know you need to think that someone who disagrees with you can't have an independent thought. But the last time I listened to Rush was for about 15 seconds two weeks ago when I hit the wrong button and got to him instead of Jim Rome. I also don't watch Fox News and actually read things.

Reply to
Kurt Ullman

If you include the time it takes for the truck to get there, perhaps. Most times, the changing of a traffic signal bulb takes about as much time as a few regular cycles of the light. Take it from someone who used to have to handle traffic while the change was done.

Reply to
willshak

I was thinking the same thing. Must have a heckuva union (g).

Reply to
Kurt Ullman

Yeah. Freedom to feed more dollars to the country that gave us 9/11. That's called stupid.

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

Bars here are doing MORE business since it became illegal to smoke in bars. I seriously doubt "the market" would've figured that out without a kick in the pants. And, Detroit *never* would've dealt with car emissions issues without the government stepping in. Automakers had no financial incentive to deal with it.

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

Nonsense.

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

Would you agree that we need to reduce our dependence on foreign oil?

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

True, he wasn't talking about two different turbines. He was talking about one piece of machinery operating at varying capacities.

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

Not to complicate the issue, but a number of arms control experts have pointed out that there's only one way we'll stop "rogue states" from eventually developing nuclear weapons: Eliminate civilian nuclear power plants.

Every benefit comes with a hidden horror show.

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

It would certainly be a good goal, however it will not in any way solve or reduce the problems that it helped to create. Indeed if we stop buying oil from the ME it could make the situation there even worse. Since China would likely buy whatever we don't that later issue may not be as significant now.

Reply to
Pete C.

If we were to stop buying oil from the ME it would not in any way eliminate the problems there that it helped to create, it could actually make them even worse.

Reply to
Pete C.

OK. Now we're getting somewhere. What if a family of four can get a 35% improvement in gas mileage by owning a certain vehicle, without losing any of the REAL (as opposed to imaginary) advantages of an SUV? Is a 35% improvement not worth thinking about, especially if multiplied by the number of SUVs in this country?

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom