Good window washing paper?

I tried using some news paper to was my outside windows today but kept getting inks smeared all over my hands and the frames of the windows.
Does there exist any paper without ink that is good for window washing?
Can one just use those brown rolls of hand drying paper found it quick stops and such?

Why does it have to be paper?? Lint-free rags work just as well.

Well, yeah! That's lint-free paper in mst cases, but please consider *buying* them instead of stealing them from 7-11. Their prices are high enough already, you don't need to add to their overhead.
--
So if you meet me, have some courtesy,
have some sympathy, and some taste.
On Sat, 04 Sep 2004 19:07:45 -0500, snipped-for-privacy@privacy.net wrote:

I've used plain packing paper, which is essentially large sheets of newsprint without the ink, and it works pretty well. You can get bundles of it at places that sell boxes and packing materials for do-it-yourself moving (truck and trailer rental places, U-store type storage garages and lockers, etc.). I had a lot of it left over from a move we did once. However, I normally use old newspapers and just wash off my hands from time to time.

==I bought a box of cheap thin vinyl disposable gloves and keep it with my cleaning supplies. It was toilet cleaning that prompted this but I now use them for other jobs as well. ====
snipped-for-privacy@privacy.net wrote:

I use a soft scrub brush on a long handle and a squeegee with window washing concentrate. Hose them off first to get the gritty dirt and loose crud from the frames.

When we moved we went to the local newspaper and purchased end rolls of newsprint for packing. You could try doing that. It was only like two buck and we had more than enough.
Head over to a cleaning supply store and buy a window scrubber (looks like a rag mop with shorter "nap") and a squeegee. Fill a bucket with water and a bit of window washing suds (I use car wash suds), grab a towel and an extension pole (if needed- make sure your tools can be put on the pole!) and go to work. Scrub first, then hit with the squeegee. I like to wipe the squeegee off on the towel after every pass to reduce streaking. Also have read that tying a rag around your wrist will keep water from running down your arm, but I haven't had the need.
This has a higher up-front cost, but gives better results and saves a lot of time and mess.

i have had my windows professionally cleaned a few times, and they use water with a few drops DAWN dishsoap in the bucket. squeegee it on, and rubber blade wipe it off.
--
"Misleading our nation into war in Iraq makes you unfit to lead this
nation."

Agreed
But I cant use the above setup to clean inside windows well can I? Id have water on my carpet everywhere if all I did was squeegee them off
Ahh, you want to clean the inside of the windows... Sorry, wasn't clear in your original post. For the inside, I have been very impressed with the results using one of the new "microfiber" towels. There are different weaves available, and the denser, smoother (less terry-towel like) seems to be more durable and better for windows, mirrors, chrome, etc. Highly recommended!
That said, I still need to hit them once in a while with Windex and a rag or paper towels. Once they are good and clean the microfiber keeps them that way.
-Randy

Where do u buy such micro fiber towels?
What's the brand and name?
I bought the ones I like for glass, etc. at Meijer (like a SuperTarget, only slightly less expensive/lower quality) but I can not remember the brand, etc. They came as a "bonus" with a microfiber mop (which I like, but have not used as much). Target has some that are like terry towels in their car care section, pretty cheap.