Good Well Pump Brands Models?

I'm upgrading my 1/2 HP deep well pump and tiny "builder's special" pressure tank.
What is a good submersible well pump make and model? The pump supposedly sits at approx. 260 feet. (Well test= 9+GPM, current pump <6-7GPM)
Meyer, Sta-rite, Gould are mentioned. It seems each make various model lines. I see stainless steel vs plastic for various parts. What line is good?
Any adviced on pump brands?
The well driller said Gould is not as good as it used to be and suggested using another brand. He said he would use Gould if I wanted though.
I see others say good things about Sta-rite or Meyers.
Any help would be appreciated.