Good water heaters?

My Craftsman Energy Saver water heater seems to have gasped its last. It came with the house, so it could be anywhere from 8 to ? years old. None of my recent Consumer Reports have anything about residential heaters. Has anyone had particularly good (or bad) performance from a contemporary brand? zemedelec
If it is not leaking why not fix it.... especially if it is electric which are ususally easy to fix.

Or gas, with a 3 dollar thermocouple gone bad.

Thanks all. I am a firm believer in "If it's only a little broke, fix it." But it seems to be getting harder and harder to find craftsmen who will do this. zemedelec