Page 2 of 3
PipeDown wrote:

http://www.americanstandard-us.com/products/productDetail.aspx?area Ίth&cat=3&col=&prodID25
2 3/8" fully glazed trap.

--
Joseph Meehan

Dia duit
βœ–
On Mon, 12 Jun 2006 14:31:05 GMT, Ignoramus17503

    I have a Kohler commode with a Sloan Flushmate internal mechanism. It pressurizes itself and sounds like a rocket sled when flushed; but there's nothing it won't blow down the pipe. Beats the crap (pun intended) out of every other low volume toilet I've seen or used.
Add pictures here
βœ–
Ignoramus17503 wrote:

Toto. They cost more and they are worth it. We have three and in 2+ years there has only been one clog.
Add pictures here
βœ–

Flush volume. Any toilet made before the ridiculous 1.6-gallon limit took effect flushes just fine -- and as far as I know, they are still legal for sale in Canada.
--
Regards,
βœ–

Our 3 Kohler Wellworth 'Comfort height' elongated bowl toilets work well. We also had them in our last house we built in 1998. They were highly rated then and all 6 have done a great job for us. I'd buy them again.
I read that the Toto pressure tank ones work well too but they were more expensive.
Add pictures here
βœ–
A two hole outhouse always flushes......... :)
Otherwise find and old used toilet from the 1960's or older. None of the new toilets flush well. You are supposed to save water, so instead of using 7 gallons like the older toilets, you only use 4 gallons, and after you flush twice, you use 8. It took a 20 year college educated professional to figure this would save water and the government was so happy to mandate this nonsense. I bet they have reams of pages explaining all of this too....
On Mon, 12 Jun 2006 14:31:05 GMT, Ignoramus17503

Add pictures here
βœ–

I disagree. My Toto's flush very well. Cheers, cc
Add pictures here
βœ–

You might want to consider a Flapperless toilet,Google will find the site. I've had one in my apartment for 5 years with only a rare need for a double flush. There's hardly anything to go wrong with them.
--
Jim Yanik
jyanik
snipped-for-privacy@unlisted.com wrote:

You pee 5 times a day, you shit once in 1-2 days. It makes sense to conserve water on those pee flushes. The slight inconvenience of having potentially flush twice far outweights the gallons of water wasted on those pee flushes.
Seems to make perfect sense to me.
Raymond
Add pictures here
βœ–

In calif in the early 80's, I heard this:
If its brown, flush it DOWN;
if its yellow, let it mellow.
Now, this question:
Using your (or equivalently the above) suggestion, I recall that some kind of smelly urine-slime would accumulate (under the water) on the sides of the bowl.
So you were always having to use the toilet-bowl brush.
Question:
That chemical soap-bar-like thing you hang in the tank, that turns the water blue -- does that eliminate the problem?
And, in general, what *do* that blue stuff do for you?
Thanks,
David
Add pictures here
βœ–
On Tue, 11 Jul 2006 18:50:09 +0000 (UTC), snipped-for-privacy@panix.com (David Combs) wrote:

Mostly, it screws up the flush-mechanism.
Add pictures here
βœ–
Very true.
You want to shorten the life of every item in the tank, then use those blue things.

Add pictures here
βœ–

What flush mechanism? The only moving part is the flapper over the hole from tank to bowl. There are no moving part for the siphon that starts the flush once there is enough water in the bowl and there are no passages under 2" in diameter. Are you suggesting that there's a full inch of accumulation on all the walls of the water going from bowl to drain? Are you proposing that tank filling water valve is somehow affected by stuff in the water, that that stuff somehow migrates past 90psi of water shooting past the valve?
Add pictures here
βœ–

yep.
Add pictures here
βœ–

Nope.
Add pictures here
βœ–

It plugs the holes in the bowl part... so that the water cannot leave the tank back fast enough to create a good siphon/rinse.
I'm thinking that might be one thing wrong with our upstairs loo. (wife used to put them in until i told her about the problems)
--
May no harm befall you,
flip

No it doesn't. It is just bleach and food coloring. If a turd from a 400lb man won't clog it, neither will some food coloring.
Add pictures here
βœ–

i'm not talking about the bowl to sewer connection, I'm talking about the jets which allow the tank to empty into the bowl.
don't take my word for it: http://www.toiletology.com/blue-goo.shtml
--
May no harm befall you,
flip

Add pictures here
βœ–

We have a vacation house where the toilets are getting clogged at the rim with hard water deposits. The guy at the hardware store suggested we use 2000 flushes in the bowl to clear it, I wanted to use a little muriatic acid. The 2000 flushes made it worse, a lot worse. I got rid of the 2000 flushes and flushed the toilet about a dozen times each time adding a couple of tablespoons of muriatic acid to the tank The tank had already needed an overhaul prior to this as there was a constant leak into the bowl partly because the flapper didnt seat properly and partly because the valve would not shut off. The acid made easy work of the clogged rim and the overhaul stopped the wasted water. I am happy.
Add pictures here
βœ–