GOOD toilet that flushes in ONE flush?

Although I'm a little embarassed to admit it........I tend to notice toilet brands & how well (or poorly) they preform.

Based on my unscientific study the toliet the Budman suggests is probably the only low water usage toilet that worked......

Champion model. by American Standard is the only one I would buy. Get this model you will be pleased with it..

Rather impressive since my 1930 house house the original American Standard toilets.

cheers Bob

Reply to
BobK207

Here's the test report:

Bob (but not THAT Bob)

Our 3 Kohler Wellworth 'Comfort height' elongated bowl toilets work well. We also had them in our last house we built in 1998. They were highly rated then and all 6 have done a great job for us. I'd buy them again.

I read that the Toto pressure tank ones work well too but they were more expensive.

Reply to
Rudy

A two hole outhouse always flushes......... :)

Otherwise f>Our toilets do not flush very well. Meaning that it may take 2 or more

Reply to
maradcliff

You have gotten good replies. Toiletology 101 may also help:

Roy Starrin

great site, thanks a lot!

Ignoramus24559

I disagree. My Toto's flush very well. Cheers, cc

Reply to
James "Cubby" Culbertson

Another vote here for a Toto Drake.

Read everything on this site:

yellowbirddog

A trick to use on a regular 1.5 gallon tank is to hold the handle down until enough water enters the bowl to make a whirlpool and carry everything away.

Reply to
Bert Byfield

"James \\"Cubby\\" Culbertson" wrote in news:j4adnSmOycYcmBLZnZ2dnUVZ snipped-for-privacy@comcast.com:

You might want to consider a Flapperless toilet,Google will find the site. I've had one in my apartment for 5 years with only a rare need for a double flush. There's hardly anything to go wrong with them.

Reply to
Jim Yanik

ROTFL!

On their intro page, it reads: "Please come in and find a seat"

I doubt if the pun was intended.

Reply to
~^Johnny^~

You pee 5 times a day, you shit once in 1-2 days. It makes sense to conserve water on those pee flushes. The slight inconvenience of having potentially flush twice far outweights the gallons of water wasted on those pee flushes.

Seems to make perfect sense to me.

Raymond

Reply to
nospam.house

And what is that?

David

Reply to
David Combs

In calif in the early 80's, I heard this:

If its brown, flush it DOWN;

if its yellow, let it mellow.

Now, this question:

Using your (or equivalently the above) suggestion, I recall that some kind of smelly urine-slime would accumulate (under the water) on the sides of the bowl.

So you were always having to use the toilet-bowl brush.

Question:

That chemical soap-bar-like thing you hang in the tank, that turns the water blue -- does that eliminate the problem?

And, in general, what *do* that blue stuff do for you?

Thanks,

David

Reply to
David Combs

Mostly, it screws up the flush-mechanism.

Reply to
Goedjn

In the last three years we have installed 5 Toto "Drake" ADA height 2 piece toilets, two in our home and 3 in rental units, replacing a variety of newer (less than 5 years old) units.

These were all locations were I had been plunging frequently, I've not had to plunge any of these bathrooms since - the difference is really quite remarkable.

Michael Thomas Paragon Home Inspections, LLC Chicago, IL mdtATparagoninspectsDOTcom

8four7-475-5668
Reply to
MDT at Paragon Home Inspection

Very true.

You want to shorten the life of every item in the tank, then use those blue things.

Reply to
JimL

What flush mechanism? The only moving part is the flapper over the hole from tank to bowl. There are no moving part for the siphon that starts the flush once there is enough water in the bowl and there are no passages under 2" in diameter. Are you suggesting that there's a full inch of accumulation on all the walls of the water going from bowl to drain? Are you proposing that tank filling water valve is somehow affected by stuff in the water, that that stuff somehow migrates past 90psi of water shooting past the valve?

Reply to
AZ Nomad

yep.

Reply to