Good on-line tool catalog

Had a large number of hand and power tools stolen. Trying to make a list for insurance claim.

Google turns up stuff but a lot of the sites are terrible. Hard to find prices, very slow loading, etc. For example, try to find a simple name- brand, quality, basic 1/2 or 3/8" sae socket set with ratchet handle. I've almost given up on that. Sears Craftsman stuff is very slow loading (DSL connection). So far Amazon the best but they still list a lot that isn't in my Google search phrase.

Any suggestions for a nice clean simple hand tool listing with prices and enough detail to decide if right item?

TIA

Reply to
KenK

Might as well talk-up my home town

philo

ChairMan

Oren wrote in news:kno20cdkn7di3edv395hm76rqluhbd8l7m@

4ax.com:

I'm guessing $2K. Maybe more. Mostly carpentry & mechanical. 1/2 & 3/8 sae socket sets (metric were left behind), vice grips, various pliers and diagonals, pipe wrench, various size Crescents, various screw drivers, nut driver sets, sets of box & end wrenches, Skilsaw, saber saw, battery, hand & AC drills, drill bit sets - the usual stuff for home and simple car repair. Still trying to remember all that was there. Afraid I'll probably miss or forget some. Unfortunately, never had made an inventory.

Not yet. Insurance and sheriff will want list of stuff and prices - that's what I'm working on.

Reply to
KenK

I had tools stolen from my garage ~ 20 years ago - my one-and-only home insurance claim in ~ 40 years - - the insurance company agreed to pay for re-keying my main doors and adding dead-bolts to the two garage doors - material costs - no labour was involved - I was happy about that - I made the request to include it in the claim after I had already done it. It helped aleviate the deductible. I simply used Sears list prices for the replacement cost value of the tools - then shopped for sale prices on the things that I needed to replace - a few of the items stolen were not replaced. They also agreed to consider anything that I missed in my original list - nothing came up, but it could have - it's tough to go through a cluttered garage/workshop and list every thing that's missing .. I also went and warned my neighbours - it was an unusual event at the time - I found cars in the driveway with keys on the dash and purse on the seat .. we all were, and many still are - quite foolish about security ... I asked the police officer about locks/lights/alarms - she said a dog is as good as anything. Also - watch for the thieves to come back in a couple months to get all your nice new tools ! John T.

Reply to
hubops