Good old 100W bulbs dirt cheap!

Page 3 of 3
On 1/21/2012 11:06 AM, Steve Barker wrote:

Sorry that you have a limited imagination and can't imagine how leaving a fixture on all the time on an old house with old dry siding and crappy wiring could be a problem. Maybe they could fire all of the state police fire marshals and lab folks and just have you stop over and declare "I can't see how this fire started"?

Add pictures here
✖

Show us some cases where a fire was started by the use of a 100W ordinary light bulb in an outside fixture. I'll even take one where the fixture was not rated for a 100W bulb. I'm betting you can't.
Add pictures here
✖
On 1/23/2012 6:37 AM, George wrote:

Not being able to find the cause is probably closer to reality. I seriously doubt a bulb started it. But the insurance companies have to name something. In my friends house they blamed mice. LMAO!!

--
Steve Barker
✖

Are you saying that there are no 100W fixtures? If it's a 60W fixture, it is a good idea to use a 60W bulb, no?

I've found it's a crap shoot. Expensive <> good. I'll pass, thanks.
Add pictures here
✖
On Jan 21, 11:29 am, " snipped-for-privacy@att.bizzzzzzzzzzzz"

He's a dim bulb troll.
Add pictures here
✖
About how many watts?

He's a dim bulb troll.
Add pictures here
✖
On 1/21/2012 12:31 PM, snipped-for-privacy@optonline.net wrote:

And juvenile name calling makes you look like a genius (think about it)?. Sorry that you don't get the idea that this is a discussion group where people may mention things that you reject maybe because you don't understand them or things can only be the way you believe them to be that can be quite correct...
Add pictures here
✖

I've been discussing topics here for years before you showed up. And about 3 of us in this thread don't buy your claim:
"Isn't using 100 watt bulbs in a closet and in outside home light a little risky? There was a house fire right down the road from us and the cause was found to be a 100w bulb in a outside residential fixture. "
So, show us a link to that fire or any other fire where the investigators concluded the cause of the fire was a 100W bulb. Not a defective light fixture. Not putting a 100W bulb in a fixture only rated for 60W. One where it was simply that someone put a 100W light bulb in a closet or outdoors.
Even putting a 100W bulb in a fixture rated for only 60W isn't likely to produce a fire or there would be one hell of a lot of fires all over the place. Certainly not a good idea to do it, but anyone with experience has come across lots of fixtures where it was done. Many times the little sticker that says do not exceed 75W has fallen off. If this was a significant cause of fires starting, there would be homes on fire from it all over.
Add pictures here
✖

OK, so now you're obviously a troll.
Add pictures here
✖
On 1/21/2012 8:07 AM, snipped-for-privacy@optonline.net wrote:

Jesus Christ! It's 2012! Time to toss those incandescents in the trash! Even the Amish people are using LED headlights and tail lights on their buggys now.
Add pictures here
✖

A lousy attempt at trolling. Try again.
Add pictures here
✖
On 1/21/2012 3:46 PM, snipped-for-privacy@att.bizzzzzzzzzzzz wrote:

Did your mother drop you on your head when you were little?
Add pictures here
✖

Nope. You still don't register on the Troll-O-Meter. Sorry.
Add pictures here
✖
I hope you don't think that now we have to "prove" that items have legitimate uses. In a free country, we should do what we want, and can afford to pay for. It's not the government's place to decide what has "legitimate lighting purpose".
What's next? Having all our outgoing emails censored and approved, for legitimate communication purpose?
Serious question. What use is there for 100w incandescent bulbs? We had a couple in places like the basement but they were replaced some years ago with CFLs that work fine.
Add pictures here
✖
On Sat, 21 Jan 2012 08:36:31 -0500, "Stormin Mormon"

Anarchist!
I hope you have good justification for that statement.
Add pictures here
✖

We have a couple of lamps that we use for general illumination and reading. If we are away in the evening, I like to dim them down to have a little light instead of coming into a dark house. They also act to make the house look occupied when we are out. Just enough light to make it seem as if someone was there.
Charlie
Add pictures here
✖
On 1/21/2012 6:38 AM, George wrote: ...

Been thru this over and over...
Primarily outside in cold temperature applications where the warmup period is excessive (or it's so cold they won't light at all). My particular application is the barn when having calving or the like at 2AM and it's bitter cold and not in a very good mood anyway I'll be d-d if I'm going to wait to see anything--and the heat doesn't do any harm besides. As another suggested, if my stash of 100's runs out, I'll just move up to 150's that aren't under the ban (yet, anyway).
✖