Good old 100W bulbs dirt cheap!

Page 1 of 3
For those of you who still like plain old bulbs for certain applications, I was at HD last night and they have standard 100W incandescent bulbs from Phillips....
16 for $3!
That's right, Sixteen for $3. I couldn't believe it and loaded up. They had 60 Watt ones too.
That's cheaper than the Dollar Tree I saw yesterday, four fer a buck.
Maybe they are unloading stock before the law takes effect?
For those of you who still like plain old bulbs for certain applications, I was at HD last night and they have standard 100W incandescent bulbs from Phillips....
16 for $3!
That's right, Sixteen for $3. I couldn't believe it and loaded up. They had 60 Watt ones too.
On 1/20/2012 7:35 AM, snipped-for-privacy@optonline.net wrote:

the shelves are still full at walmart also. Just the American made ones have gone away. All chink or taco made now.
--
Steve Barker
On 1/20/2012 9:21 AM, Steve Barker wrote: ...

I think they were gone a long time ago... GE shutdown the last US production not long after the ban legislation passed didn't they?
I know they toyed w/ trying to meet the new efficiency reqm'ts for a while but gave it up as impractical after a while and quite an investment.
_That's_ how to create US manufacturing jobs in DC, exemplified. :(
On 1/20/2012 9:40 AM, dpb wrote:

yeah, i was buying the USA ones at walmart as recently as 2 weeks ago, but they were interspersed with the furrin' ones. i suspect they were just warehouse leftovers. I've got over 400 of them now. I probably have enough anyway.
--
Steve Barker
On 1/20/2012 11:10 AM, Steve Barker wrote:

Just curious, why would you possibly want 400 of them? Heck, we found four in a drawer about a month ago and couldn't give them away so we tossed them.
Don
On 1/20/2012 1:14 PM, IGot2P wrote:

Multiple choice: A. Bulb-boy's not very 'bright'. B. Bulb-boy's a troll C. Bulb-boy's waiting for them to become scarce and plans on selling them to some dumbass on fleabay.
On 1/20/2012 12:50 PM, Bernie Ward wrote:

Thanks for calling me names.
C. is the correct answer.
--
Steve Barker

Makes you feel pretty good when BW calls you dumb, eh? ;-)
On Fri, 20 Jan 2012 16:38:02 -0600

But using names like chink or taco is okay? It's okay for you to name Chinese people chinks?

Sure. And sometimes you can can call Chinamen "yellow", or "slopes".
Any other questions?
--
Tegger

On 1/21/2012 8:14 PM, Tegger wrote:

If we keep shopping at Walmart, in a few more years we'll be calling them "Boss".
wrote Re Re: Good old 100W bulbs dirt cheap!:

Given how much we owe them, we should be calling them "..yassir Boss" right now.

On 1/21/2012 7:14 PM, Tegger wrote:

Is it OK to call them "friend"? o_O
TDD
On 1/20/2012 12:14 PM, IGot2P wrote:

They think they are going to get rich selling them on eBay. Yup, that's right. P.T. Barnum had a phrase for these guys.
JimT wrote:

Right now, today, Ebay has GE 100-watt bulbs for $40 and $75.
'Course these prices are for multi-packs.
http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=p5197.m570.l1313&_nkw 0+watt+lightbulb&_sacat=See-All-Categories
On 1/20/2012 6:47 PM, HeyBub wrote:

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=p5197.m570.l1313&_nkw 0+watt+lightbulb&_sacat=See-All-Categories
Hey! He's got more than 10. Hurry! Buy them!
On 1/20/2012 7:47 PM, HeyBub wrote:

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=p5197.m570.l1313&_nkw 0+watt+lightbulb&_sacat=See-All-Categories
They also have them for less than 52 cents a piece.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/96-100-Watt-Standard-Frost-Light-Bulbs-100A19-SYLVANIA-/270773719821?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3f0b5f130d
Maybe I can trade some Pokemon cards for 100 watt bulbs? Nah, Pokemon's are probably worth more. There are going to be a lot of people stuck with hundreds of 100 watt bulbs. LOL
On 1/20/2012 10:06 PM, Tony Miklos wrote:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/96-100-Watt-Standard-Frost-Light-Bulbs-100A19-SYLVANIA-/270773719821?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3f0b5f130d
Reminds me a lot of people I have seen stock up on commodity stuff thinking it will be worth something. Problem is there are the other thousands of people why did the same thing.
There is also a similar thing with Lionel trains. Old trains can be worth a lot because they are rare. So thousands of folks pay lots of money for new trains that must be kept in the original packaging. Only problem is there are 100,000 people doing the same thing so the trains will never appreciate.

how is it that others will meet the efficiency requirements and GE couldn't? Could it be lack of investment in research?