Good manufacturer/Contractor to replace windows in a Condo in Queens, NY

Hi,

I've been 'shopping' around and reading up on windows. So far I've found 2 places that would do windows in our building. Apparently our building requires bronze aluminum frames (thermally broken OK). But the two places that I found (Monda windows and West Side windows that uses Crystal windows) don't meet my quality standards. The Monda windows place (located in Flushing) has what i need (argon gas windows), but when I came by to look at samples I wasn't too fond of quality of windows. The second place (west side) does argon filled windows, but they admit that argon will sip out in 4-5 years. I live in a studio, and have AC/heater unit (no central heat), and my electrical bills run as high as $300 in the winter, so I am interested in getting quality windows.

2 quotes I got so far are 1800$ and $2200 for a 73x65 window and 72x95 sliding door.

I want to know if I have any other options in queens (there has to be)!

....... We use Oracle 8.1.7.4 on Solaris 2.7 boxes remove NSPAM to email

Reply to
NetComrade

Try Anderson or Pella window companies. I have used both and was pleased They are not cheap by any means and you might have to hire the installation yourself

Reply to
SQLit

Andersons condense less than pella, check consumer reports ratings. And get a good warranty. Anderson has very clear glass, glass treatments are not equal. I have both. Also gas heat would cut your bill 50 %

Reply to
mark Ransley

Might try Caradco brand windows as well as Pella or Andersen. FWIW, I used to live in Flushing (Main Street) but a long time ago.

Reply to
frankg