good electric pressure washer?

Does anyone have a recommendation on a good electric pressure washer? I like the convenience of plugging in and not having to maintain another gas engine.

something that I can easily and quickly spray down my cars with? I'd like to be able to quickly wash my cars before parking them in the garage for the evening I live on a gravel road and it the dirt / mud / chloride ( in the summer) eats at the wheels and undersides causing rust.

doesn't need to have tones of power, just be reliable

Dave

Reply to
Zephyr

Any of the 120v models will work for you. (Karcher or similar) If you want serious power, get a 240v model.

Reply to
gfretwell

Forget electric if you really want to power wash something.

Reply to
DanG

After a couple buckets of wasted money, I did some in person research. Home Depot has a pressure washer with metal housing for the pump. The others have plastic housing. Mine has been fine, for a couple years. Stored dry, stored indoors.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

I have one of these and it keeps up with any gas machine I have used

gfretwell

snipped-for-privacy@aol.com wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

I think that page is crossed with the IRS website. The product specs say:

Consumer rear entry with 3ft. lance

Reply to
Red Green

Who uses plastic in a over 1000 lb pump as is case? The Chinese im sure.

Reply to
ransley

I have Karcher 5 yrs old, my farmer friend had a Karcher used it 10 yrs every week even in winter until the on off switch broke, not the pump, But I hear they are cheaper made as most things in China are now so who knows about quality control or cheapening for mass market. But I think all are that way, unknown Chinese quality. Get a good warranty. I bought Generac and smoked 2 in 4 hours then got Karcher and its still 100%

Reply to
ransley

on 2/17/2009 2:47 PM (ET) Zephyr wrote the following:

They all have loud tones when powered. :-) I have a Husky 1650 psi electric washer that I have had for years. I have used it on wooden decks, sidewalks and driveway, siding, and cleaning car engines, wheels, and undercarriage, and even the barbecue grill..

Reply to
willshak