Good deal on 12 V drill at local megastore (USA)

Page 2 of 2
I have some bosch routers, 1617evs, I like them, I have one issue, the quick release mechanism, I like the Milwaukee better.
I replace the motor cans on them, to Aluminum from Magnesium, I hated the oxidation that prevented it from moving well. It took years but Bosch finally owned up to the fact that the mag. was not working. They now move like silk.
What is is that you don't like Rob?
On 3/2/2012 12:21 PM, Robatoy wrote:

On 3/2/2012 12:04 PM, tiredofspam wrote:

I have one of the very first 1617EVS routers, I got it in the summer of 1998. The magnesium body was not a problem for me at all however the motor housing oxidized immediately. I cleaned the motor housing up and put TopCote on it IIRC and it has never been a problem in the past 10 or so years. Was the motor housing magnesium too?
Yes it was. and no I didn't try topcote on the housing. But I am ok with the aluminum, maybe a little more mass, but not too bad.
On 3/3/2012 12:34 AM, Leon wrote:

On 3/2/2012 11:42 PM, tiredofspam wrote:

Ahhhh well that all makes sense now. The inside of the outer body seldom gets contaminated with your hands touching it inside and probably why I never realized the problem, so to speak. I knew early on about the complaints. I thought only the outer housing was magnesium as the motor body appeared different in color and did not have the magnesium imprint in it.

One sample is hardly evidence of anything.

I own seven Bosch drivers (three 12V drivers, 12V & 18V impacts, and 12V and 18V drill). No problems at all. Love the things.

...on the basis of one failure.
On 3/2/2012 7:39 PM, snipped-for-privacy@att.bizzzzzzzzzzzz wrote: Snip

Did you miss the part where I mentioned that I had them fail 3~4 times in addition to once at a WW show???

Good for you!

Reread what I actually said.

I love mine.
John Doe wrote:

That's kinda high for a 3/8" corded drill. If it had a 1/2" chuck, maybe.
--
Fettucini alfredo is macaroni and cheese for adults. -Mitch Hedberg

On 3/3/2012 12:05 AM, G. Morgan wrote:

Cord-less