Good deal on 12 V drill at local megastore (USA)

Page 1 of 2
Lowe's has the Bosch 12-Volt 3/8" cordless drill (PS31-2A) for $99 plus tax. I guess its nationwide.
I want one because it's no doubt much lighter and easier to control than my 14.4 V DeWalt compact drill. Should do for most drilling and screwing. I have two of their other 12 V products. They work well.
BTW... If you already have the batteries, extra batteries can be used to power a Dremel rotary tool, via wires. No need to chop up the rotary tool body, you just need a wire and a spare male battery plug (mine came from their flashlight). Sticking the battery in my pocket or setting it on the table makes for a light and nimble cutoff tool. And battery life is better than the stock Dremel batteries. And they use a real lithium-ion battery charger, unlike the cheap battery destroying charger that came with my old Dremel cutoff tool. I like it so far, after significant use. The rotary tool without the attached battery is easier to control.
--
This is not spam. Please feel free to advertise what you think is
a better deal.
On 3/1/2012 10:45 PM, John Doe wrote:

What is the Bosch return policy, before you buy. For me personally over the past 24 years the only drill that had failed while I was using it was a Bosch. That has happened 3~4 times and once at a WW show.
I too own Bosch routers and an 18volt Bosch Impact driver. I won the Bosch impact driver and it is about 3 years old. I very seldom use it over my 7 year old Makita Impact driver.
You may very well be very happy with it but I probably would never buy one.
Leon <lcb11211 swbelldotnet> wrote:

Well that just sounds weird. The vast majority of Bosch tool users are satisfied.
Since it's from the local Lowe's, the first line of defense is simply returning it to the store. That's one reason it's a good deal.
That's because leon is a Festooly... Anything but is a compromise to him.
On 3/2/2012 9:01 AM, John Doe wrote:

"tiredofspam" wrote

A festooly?? Shouldn't that be spelled festoolee?? (My spell checker doesn't like either term) Sounds like some kind of serious disease. Is there a cure? Is it a condition that can be "managed"?
Perhaps some other terms could apply. Like...
Quality tool freak. Tool excellence syndrome. Tool one upmanship. Quality import tool connoisseur. Tool snob. Tooling aristocrat. Over the hill car guy losing his way. Festool cult member. Laguna cult member.
I am sure you guys can come up with a couple more.
Just thinking, what would a man hating shrink make of Leon's "tool disorder? LOL
I think you are right... Festool cult member... they took him away and brainwashed him. I will buy Festool. I will buy Festool.... I will buy Festool.... I will buy Festool.... I will buy Festool....
On 3/2/2012 12:03 PM, Lee Michaels wrote:

Don't you worry about Leon. He knows he has the best and uses those tools to their potential. No mismatch there.
On 3/2/2012 1:37 PM, Robatoy wrote:

Good save there Robatoy! Especially since I blame you personally for showing me the way several years ago with a link to the Domino in Europe. But then I showed Swingman the way and maybe Dave. ;~)
"Lee Michaels" wrote in message
"tiredofspam" wrote

A festooly?? Shouldn't that be spelled festoolee?? (My spell checker doesn't like either term) Sounds like some kind of serious disease. Is there a cure? Is it a condition that can be "managed"?
Perhaps some other terms could apply. Like...
Quality tool freak. Tool excellence syndrome. Tool one upmanship. Quality import tool connoisseur. Tool snob. Tooling aristocrat. Over the hill car guy losing his way. Festool cult member. Laguna cult member.
I am sure you guys can come up with a couple more.
Just thinking, what would a man hating shrink make of Leon's "tool disorder? LOL =========================================================================Everything has to have initials these days. HETS. High End Tool Syndrome.
"Lee Michaels" <leemichaels*nadaspam* at comcast dot net> wrote in

I vote for "tool snob".
--
Jim Yanik
jyanik
On 3/2/2012 7:48 PM, Jim Yanik wrote:

I'm a tool junkie. ^_^
TDD
On Fri, 02 Mar 2012 22:21:11 -0600, The Daring Dufas

Me three. ...and there's a woodworking show in Atlanta next weekend. ;-)
On 3/2/2012 10:31 PM, snipped-for-privacy@att.bizzzzzzzzzzzz wrote:

Do you get excited and start panting when you see a tool store? o_O
TDD
On Fri, 02 Mar 2012 22:38:30 -0600, The Daring Dufas

No, but my wallet gets strangely light and the ride home isn't quite as lumpy.
On 3/2/2012 11:03 AM, Lee Michaels wrote:

I like,,,
Number 1,2,4,,8, and 9. ;~)
On 3/2/2012 10:30 AM, tiredofspam wrote:

LOL, No I was not a Bosch "drill" fan long before I knew Festool existed.
And as far as that goes, I still prefer my Milwaukee jig saw to the current Festool jig saw. :~)
On 3/2/2012 8:01 AM, John Doe wrote:

Not weird at all. No tool manufacturer is great at everything. The vast majority of Bosch tool users don't use Bosch drills.

As long as you are not stuck with your purchase should you not be pleased.
Leon <lcb11211 swbelldotnet> wrote:

You are the same guy that jumped into my last thread to give off-topic advice just to brag about your expensive tool. It's no big deal but it is weird IMO.
--

> No tool manufacturer is great at everything. The
> vast majority of Bosch tool users don't use Bosch drills.
On 3/3/2012 11:06 AM, John Doe wrote:

Which thread would that be?

I own several Bosch power tools. The 12 volt Lithium system has been flawless. Their jigsaw second to none and drills and sanders have been work horses. When a cpl of Bosch routers wore out, I replaced them with Milwaukee. I don't like Bosch routers. Festool is my brand of choice but not ALL their tools are head and shoulders above the rest. Some are. NO brand has all bases covered.