Good Customer Service at HD today

Had a few Christmas returns so took them to the return register at the local Home Depot (in Cobb County, Georgia). There were a few transactions ahead of me-- but the problematic one was the Mexicans trying to return an open half-package of shingles and an open half-bag of Portland cement....los hombres no hablan ingles...

But anyway, a clerk was not busy at the customer service counter nearby, saw that things were jammed at the return register-- and signaled me to come to her counter. I was out of there in two minutes. Nice.

Reply to
Sharp Dressed Man

That is strange- all the big-boxes I walk through, even here in the frozen north, have all the signs in English and Spanish. Including the ones about what can and cannot be returned.

I just came back from my annual trip to Louisiana, and had occasion to visit the Lowes and HD down there multiple times. Heard more Spanish than English, every time...

-- aem sends...

Reply to
aemeijers

I know that there are a lot of complaints about Big Orange floating around the boards. Heck, pretty much the same issues of product quality and staffing can be attributed to any of the Big Box stores. I figure that it's the nature of the beast and you deal with it in any way that you see fit. That said (whew, sorry), we just heard today that the local HD is closing its doors. It's the only one within an hour or more in any direction so it's not like they have too many in our neck of the woods (southcentral PA). OTOH, there are Lowe's scaattered all over. I guess they just outperformed HD although, I can't imagine there's much difference. This one always seemed to be busy too. At this particular store the CS dept was far more helpful than either of the Lowe's. Go figure.

Reply to
C & E

"C & E" wrote

It may be a supply issue where it costs more to stock the one all by itself as opposed to places where there are lots of them (so 1 truck can hit several with the same type of supply).

Expect to see the better ones drifting over to the local Lowes (grin). Happened here when a big box type place subsumed to the HQ/Lowes combo (it's now a Sams club).

Reply to
cshenk