Good, cheap latex sprayer??

Reply to
nospambob

One of the "experts" suggested renting an airless for latex. He fields questions on spraying freqently. My Critter was used for latex on two bedrails and plugged up just as the task was ending.

There is a thread >I would like to spray all of the doors in my house with basic simi-gloss latex.

Reply to
nospambob

I would like to spray all of the doors in my house with basic simi-gloss latex. Any ideas on an inexpensive sprayer? I have all of the associated equipment just not a "gun". I would like some input. TIA v/r Jerry

Reply to
BRAVO52

The pros use rollers with a fine nap for doors, at least they did on my house.

Paint should be sprayed with an airless not an air compressor.

Try harbor freight.

Reply to
SQLit

Some ideas that may help: The rheology of latex paints requires considerable power to push them through a nozzle. That's why companies like Graco make well regarded (but pricey) airless sprayers. The Wagner units do work but you can tell from posts in this NG that there are many unhappy users, too. Your best recourse is probably to plan on using oil based paints, and doing your work outdoors. There are lots of $30 spray guns that work just fine if you thin the paint correctly (assuming you already have an air compressor). Some of these low cost spray guns may have a pressure feed capability and could handle latex paints with heads up experimentation. Watch the compressor pressures so you don't turn the paint cup into a round bottom ball. Good luck.

Joe

Reply to
Joe Bobst