good book (plumbing, electrical, heating, etc.)

Would appreciate suggestions for a good book that goes into detail on repair of all types of conditions such as: replacing a shut-off valve on a steam radiator; fixing a faulty ignition on a gas stove burner; repairing boilers, etc., going into plumbing, (larger than 1/2" copper), electrical, etc.
Thanks.
<< Would appreciate suggestions for a good book that goes into detail on repair of all types of conditions such as: replacing a shut-off valve on a steam radiator; fixing a faulty ignition on a gas stove burner; repairing boilers, etc., going into plumbing, (larger than 1/2" copper), electrical, etc. >>
No single book is going to do it. Browse the stacks at your local library, not a brief half hour visit, but a couple of hours. Take books home, read and return books on schedule, check out more books, etc., repeat as necessary. With that background, off to Borders, Barnes & Noble, Amazon.com to build up a library of your own. You are the sole arbitor of where you need a knowledge base expanded. Go to trade shows, home shows, visit construction sites (staying out of the way, of course), acquire and peruse trade catalogs, sources like Grainger. That would be good for a start. HTH
Joe
I already have experience with all these things. I'm always looking for more, and better, input. I don't, however, have time to spend 2 hours at the library, hence, my question on this newsgroup.