Goo-Gone substitute(s)

Page 3 of 3

On Fri, 30 Jul 2010 23:06:04 +0000 (UTC), Jeff The Drunk

Add mayonnaise & peanut butter [use either] to the list to try.
Jim
On Fri, 30 Jul 2010 20:30:19 -0400, Jim Elbrecht wrote:

... and olive oil.
--
Pete

isopropyl alcohol?
Jeff The Drunk wrote:

Dollar store. Goo Gone. One dollar.
--
Tony Sivori
On 7/30/2010 6:06 PM, Jeff The Drunk wrote:

Find one of those critters from the Alien movies, its blood or drool will eat through anything.
TDD
On Fri, 30 Jul 2010 23:06:04 +0000 (UTC), Jeff The Drunk

To get the stickum from a label off, use an orange-based cleaner. They are amazing. Some have orang in the name.
To get the label itself off first, you can use your finger nails, or soak it in water if it is paper. If it's stronger than paper, your fingernails or your kids. They won't scratch unless you try really hared.
On Fri, 30 Jul 2010 23:06:04 +0000 (UTC), Jeff The Drunk wrote:

Just use hot water and a rag. Goo gone and goof off will ruin the plastic. I wouldn't even try fantastik or 409.
Congrats on your 89 IQ score (low average), although you should have done better.
--
Cheer for competitive computing:
Shift to the left! Shift to the right!

I use goo-gone on computer cases without any problems . I don't soak them in the stuff.

Cant you peel it off, chemicals wont penetrate lables they will attack the glue from the sides, if heat, peeling and all the ideas you have been given dont do it 3M has a liqued or do it right and get er done, use a belt sander with 36g. Did you try a propane torch yet, works wonders.

Look over the specialty 3M chemicals at your local autobody supply store. This is a common task for autobody techs and odds are there is something that will work well for you. If that is too much effort, try the 3M product web site for the material you need, It can even be ordered online.
Joe