Goo-Gone substitute(s)

Find one of those critters from the Alien movies, its blood or drool will eat through anything.

TDD

Reply to
The Daring Dufas

To get the stickum from a label off, use an orange-based cleaner. They are amazing. Some have orang in the name.

To get the label itself off first, you can use your finger nails, or soak it in water if it is paper. If it's stronger than paper, your fingernails or your kids. They won't scratch unless you try really hared.

Reply to
mm

Just use hot water and a rag. Goo gone and goof off will ruin the plastic. I wouldn't even try fantastik or 409.

Congrats on your 89 IQ score (low average), although you should have done better.

Reply to
Rocinante

baby oil

Reply to
salty

Cant you peel it off, chemicals wont penetrate lables they will attack the glue from the sides, if heat, peeling and all the ideas you have been given dont do it 3M has a liqued or do it right and get er done, use a belt sander with 36g. Did you try a propane torch yet, works wonders.

Reply to
ransley

Look over the specialty 3M chemicals at your local autobody supply store. This is a common task for autobody techs and odds are there is something that will work well for you. If that is too much effort, try the 3M product web site for the material you need, It can even be ordered online.

Joe

Reply to
Joe

Coat the label with a thin layer of peanut butter (smooth not chunky). Allow it to set for a couple hours as the paper will absorb oil from the PB. Try it.

Reply to
Oren

You've been told more than one time that paint thinner is acceptable, WD40 is acceptable, Lighter Fluid is acceptable, gasoline is acceptable. None of these will hurt, melt, mar, stain, or otherwise harm your plastic case on your computer. Goo Gon is readily available at any grocery store. What do you want from the group, you've turned down every logical suggestion you've been given.

I guess you could try cooking oil. Avoid nail polish remover.

Reply to
DanG

I use goo-gone on computer cases without any problems . I don't soak them in the stuff.

Reply to
clare

SOME lighter fluids, and Gasoline, will damage most styrene plastics, including ABS.

Reply to
clare