Gonna buy a snow thrower

I was just going to head on over to Sears and see the Craftsman throwers they have. I see they have a 5hp 22" on sale for $499. Electric start, 2 stage, 16" intake height.

I am wondering do the warehouse stores (Sams, Costco, BKs) also carry these (if not now then maybe in a month or two)? Home Depot?

Thanks. SJ

Reply to
SJ

I've never seen a snow blower in any of these stores.

Reply to
BOB

Maybe 'cause Bell South dosen't serve much snow country?

Here in the northeastern USA, Home Depot, Lowes, Costco, Wal-Mart, and Sam's all carry snow throwers in season.

I've learned over the years that many of the smaller, local dealers offer much better equipment and service on power equipment than big box stores, for just a bit more money. To me, the overall value is better at a good local dealer.

Barry

Reply to
B a r r y B u r k e J r .

Robert A. Barr

What kinda climate, what kinda snowfall, what size & kind of area are you clearing?

5hp x 22" is a little thing for walks or small driveways and no major accumulations.

Where I live, we sometimes get more than 16 inches in one storm (if you are home you can do it in stages, but maybe you were not home). However, I have enough driveway that it is best done with a plow truck or tractor. I have an 8hp snowblower for smaller areas, but have done the whole drive with it for small storms and waved off the plow contractor.

-v.