golf ball in gutter

I live in a new house on a golf course (mistake) and a golf ball landed in my gutter. When the wind blows, the ball rolls around and the noise is a nuisance. The raised cage slopes down to the gutter and is attached to the house just beneath the gutter. I don't know how to get my hands on the ball. I don't really want to take a ladder to the roof and step on the tiles. Is there an easy way to detach the cage in a section?

Thanks.

Reply to
Margie Davis

A few years ago, a golf ball "appeared" in my lawn. My son was cutting the grass with the riding mower and hit the hidden ball. It came out the mower at about 100 miles per hour and hit a tree about 6" in front of my face. Scared the ...... out of me, they can be dangerous hidden weapons and can cause much damage and problems. Who spreads these Weapons of Mass Destruction around us innocent people.

Reply to
Eric Tonks

"Raised cage" ??

And how can something, whatever it is, that's "attached to the house just beneath the gutter" slope *down* to the gutter?

What on earth are you talking about?

You don't need to get on the roof. Just lean a ladder against the gutter, climb up the ladder far enough that you can see the golf ball, and pick the stupid thing up.

Reply to
Doug Miller

By "cage" I assume you mean one of those gutter-guard products that keeps leaves and such from accumulating. (If you have one, how on earth did the *golf ball* get inside?!) If the guard is not easily removed, you could probably just flush the ball out using a garden hose with a spray attachment set on high (or your thumb, if it isn't too cool out).

Reply to
Dan Hartung

Ok if the downspout is open at the bottom. If it drains into the waste water line, you're adding a potential blockage.

Mike

Reply to
Michael Daly

That's against code, I believe.

Reply to
William W. Plummer

The World is a Very Big Place.

All the houses in my neighborhood have their downspots draining directly into the waste lines. ( Mid - late 1950's construction. )

- Rich

Reply to
user

Depends where you live. Codes are not universal.

Mike

Reply to
Michael Daly

cutting the

--- Ya, when I was in high school working at a golf course, we used to find golf balls on the course, and when we were out mowing (around trees with regular, consumer type rotary mowers, where the big gang mowers couldn't get) we would lift the front end, push them forward, and drop them on the ball. The ball would bounce areound violently inside the housing for a second or two, then go SHOOTING out the discharge chute (which we of course wired open, see #3 below)

I share this for a number of reasons:

1) To agree, stuff can shoot our the mower with tremendous speed & force 2) To reminisce about good times. 3) To remember how stupid I was when I was young

Obviously, since the mowers were not ours, we didn't care about the abuse (see #3 above). We also would go out deep in the rough, and mow swear words in the grass, with letters a good 20 feet tall. (see #3 above)

Ah... good times.

Reply to
Rotation Slim