Goldfish Murder

APRIL 8--A Florida woman is facing a felony animal abuse charge for allegedly killing her boyfriend?s goldfish by pouring bleach into their tank, according to court records.

Ok, I'm sure we all agree this woman is a bit nutso but how is what she did that much different than dropping a live lobster into a pot of boiling water effectively scalding the lobster to death?

Reply to
Mayhem

Yes, one is intended as food and the other is a pet.

Do you think, because of what people do to lobsters, they should be allowed to cause intentional suffering to dogs and cats too?

Reply to
micky

A lobster is a better pet than a fish...you can take it out for a walk!

Reply to
bob_villa

So you're okay if I skin Fido or Fluffy and whip up some stir fry? There definitely are some strange social conventions. Why do we eat cows and not horses? There's a lot of good eating on a horse.

For that matter, why do lobsters get more sympathy than clams that are eaten alive or steamed to death?

Reply to
rbowman

Obviously she should have dropped the live fish into a pot of boiling water and served them with some melted garlic butter.

Reply to
Billy Bologna

I once let the cats play with a lobster. That was interesting. Then I boiled it although I'm of the stick an icepick into the brain school of lobster cookery.

Reply to
rbowman

Hey, it works for snails, probably would work for black mollies and red wagtails. I'd pass on the plecostomus though.

Reply to
rbowman

On Mon, 13 Apr 2015 07:31:11 -0400, micky wrote in

The Orientals cook and eat dogs and cats. I like that idea better than having them run around as starving ferals.

Reply to
CRNG

One year I was cleaning small pond after winter and the fish died. I put chlorox in there. I then saw all these small babies surfacing. I was sad.

Greg

Reply to
gregz

Absolutely not...in fact most of America's factory farms are more inhumane than killing a goldfish with bleach.

Those are all good questions. So why is it OK to scald seafood to death but killing with bleach is not?

Reply to
Mayhem

So what?

My question, and what the woman did to the goldfish, was about intentional suffering. Do the Oriental cause dogs and cats intentional suffering?

(Actually, with one "recipe", some of them do or at least used to, and it is or was a terrible thing.)

Reply to
micky