Goldfish Murder

APRIL 8--A Florida woman is facing a felony animal abuse charge for allegedly killing her boyfriend’s goldfish by pouring bleach into their tank, according to court records.
http://www.thesmokinggun.com/documents/crime/florida-goldfish-murder-spree-675930
Ok, I'm sure we all agree this woman is a bit nutso but how is what she did that much different than dropping a live lobster into a pot of boiling water effectively scalding the lobster to death?

Yes, one is intended as food and the other is a pet.
Do you think, because of what people do to lobsters, they should be allowed to cause intentional suffering to dogs and cats too?
On Monday, April 13, 2015 at 6:31:16 AM UTC-5, micky wrote:

A lobster is a better pet than a fish...you can take it out for a walk!
On 04/13/2015 07:56 AM, bob_villa wrote:

I once let the cats play with a lobster. That was interesting. Then I boiled it although I'm of the stick an icepick into the brain school of lobster cookery.

The Orientals cook and eat dogs and cats. I like that idea better than having them run around as starving ferals.

So what?
My question, and what the woman did to the goldfish, was about intentional suffering. Do the Oriental cause dogs and cats intentional suffering?
(Actually, with one "recipe", some of them do or at least used to, and it is or was a terrible thing.)

On 04/13/2015 03:17 AM, Mayhem wrote:

So you're okay if I skin Fido or Fluffy and whip up some stir fry? There definitely are some strange social conventions. Why do we eat cows and not horses? There's a lot of good eating on a horse.
For that matter, why do lobsters get more sympathy than clams that are eaten alive or steamed to death?
On 04/13/2015 09:57 AM, rbowman wrote:

Absolutely not...in fact most of America's factory farms are more inhumane than killing a goldfish with bleach.
> There definitely are some strange social conventions. > Why do we eat cows and not horses? There's a lot of good eating on a horse.

Those are all good questions. So why is it OK to scald seafood to death but killing with bleach is not?
On 4/13/2015 5:17 AM, Mayhem wrote:

Obviously she should have dropped the live fish into a pot of boiling water and served them with some melted garlic butter.
On 04/13/2015 02:59 PM, Billy Bologna wrote:

Hey, it works for snails, probably would work for black mollies and red wagtails. I'd pass on the plecostomus though.

One year I was cleaning small pond after winter and the fish died. I put chlorox in there. I then saw all these small babies surfacing. I was sad.
Greg