Gold Star American Flag

Page 1 of 2
I have an over-patriotic neighbor in the street who flies the American Flag 24x7x365. Its a little scary to have him in the neighborhood because this type of psychotic behavior is exhibited by neo-nazis, KKK, rednecks, NASCAR fans and dangerous, racist people.
Now he is flying an American flag with the usual red and white stripes but a single big Gold star in the blue field.
What does this mean? Is it a secret call for a KKK rally on Friday, or perhaps some throwback from the Confederecy?
Thanks
On 27 Aug 2006, ddgh wrote:

It represents his "starfish".

Over patriotic? How can somebody be over patriotic about kids dying for them?
I live near Ft Bragg. All flags in the city and surrounding cities fly 24x7x365. Even the crack heads respect it. I stood next to and talked to a 19 yr old kid when he deployed with my son-in-law. My son-in-law came back. The 19 year old kid was blown up by an IAD. You go fuck yourself about over-patriotic.

And worthwile Americans too.

Who's fault is that? Who started that fraudulent war? Have you forgotten already?
You have no argument.

Al Bundy wrote:

Kids are not dying FOR ME.
Kids are dying for an idiotic piece of shit worthless (p)resident and his oil buddies.
Don't put this on me
Al Bundy wrote:

That is disgusting
It isn't patriotism, it is nationalism
The same disgusting nationalism that we see in the Middle East
It is wrong there, it is wrong here

The other side of nationalism is globalism. Globalism is selling this country out and globalists are in both parties. You may want to lower you standard of living to the point that you are at the same level as the poorest tribes in South America - I don't. Fuck them, fuck the Asians/Indians on Visa's to fill our high tech jobs, fuck the illegals and the corporations employing them and fuck the far left and the far right who did elect this piece of crap in office today.
--
"I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much
liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." Thomas

oil. Nobody attacked the USA. Stopping the Iraq and Afghanistan wars will in no way endanger the USA. Iraq and Afghanistan are fighting to be left alone.
If they were after the USA, don't you think they would have attacked first? Don't you think there would have been at least one attack on US soil?
--
Canadian Mind Products, Roedy Green, http://mindprod.com
See links to the Lebanon photos that Google censored at

Please don't feed the trolls.
<http://www.phred.org/~josh/

It means that the mother is a gold star mother - Just like Mrs Cindy Sheehan. A mother that has lost a son or daughter to war. Probably the Iraq/Afghanistan war. It's one of those American traditions .
It also means that this country is in dire need of a national service draft.
You should apologize to the family just for having these childish thoughts.
--
"I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty
than to those attending too small a degree of it." Thomas Jefferson
Gene wrote:

Please ..
These people fly the flag like Nazis did in Nazi Germany, with some crazed racist nationalistic fever/psychosis. Every time they fly the flag excessively, you wonder where they are going to setup the next concentration camp - Montana perhaps?.
The war mother Gold Star flag is one that has red box border with a Gold star in a white field. This one is not like that.
But this one is an American flag with red and white stripes and a single Gold star in the blue field. Is this some kind of secret Confederate flag perhps?
I am considering moving but have to stay put for a bit.
Thanks for any advice.
[raving lunacy snipped]

Advice to you is: get a grip.
--
Regards,

There are different flags by different chapters of 'gold star mothers' rather than acting like a twit go ask your neighbor. No wonder this country is going to shit - you folks don't even trust your neighbors enough to talk with them.
--
"I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much
liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." Thomas

It a bit late now. The time for talk was BEFORE they send their son off to die for no reason under the delusion he was protecting his country. .
--
Canadian Mind Products, Roedy Green, http://mindprod.com
See links to the Lebanon photos that Google censored at

Okay, so someone who dies for a reason you don't happen to agree with got pretty much what he deserved which, in turn, gives you a right to demean the death for your own uses.

Sure it does. Same way it gives me the right to demean some pervert to kills children for sexual pleasure. Killing for oil is not sufficient justification for what that cunt did.
Even in defending your country there is still no justification for terrorism and torturing children.
--
Canadian Mind Products, Roedy Green, http://mindprod.com
See links to the Lebanon photos that Google censored at
Roedy Green wrote:

I would burn that flag if I saw it, I will wipe my ass with one tonight when I take my george bush, I mean Shit. I will then use the worthless bible as asswipe too/

YOu mean the cunt that got killed. BTW: I wasn't about oil, if it was about oil all we woulda had to do was to yawn and annex Kuwait. MUCH more oil and we were pretty much sitting there. WOuldn't had to do much more than send a single jeep roaming around to pick up a King or Emir or two. Much easier if it was only for oil.

ddgh wrote:

the Republic for which it stands, one Nation under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all.
MOVE out of this country