Gold Star American Flag

I have an over-patriotic neighbor in the street who flies the American Flag 24x7x365. Its a little scary to have him in the neighborhood because this type of psychotic behavior is exhibited by neo-nazis, KKK, rednecks, NASCAR fans and dangerous, racist people.

Now he is flying an American flag with the usual red and white stripes but a single big Gold star in the blue field.

What does this mean? Is it a secret call for a KKK rally on Friday, or perhaps some throwback from the Confederecy?

Thanks

Reply to
ddgh

It represents his "starfish".

Reply to
Non-demopublican Voter

ddgh wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@news.supernews.com:

Over patriotic? How can somebody be over patriotic about kids dying for them?

I live near Ft Bragg. All flags in the city and surrounding cities fly

24x7x365. Even the crack heads respect it. I stood next to and talked to a 19 yr old kid when he deployed with my son-in-law. My son-in-law came back. The 19 year old kid was blown up by an IAD. You go f*ck yourself about over-patriotic.

And worthwile Americans too.

Reply to
Al Bundy

Please don't feed the trolls.

Reply to
Joshua Putnam

ddgh wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@news.supernews.com:

It means that the mother is a gold star mother - Just like Mrs Cindy Sheehan. A mother that has lost a son or daughter to war. Probably the Iraq/Afghanistan war. It's one of those American traditions .

It also means that this country is in dire need of a national service draft.

You should apologize to the family just for having these childish thoughts.

Reply to
Gene

Who's fault is that? Who started that fraudulent war? Have you forgotten already?

You have no argument.

Reply to
Beacon of Truth and Light (ma

Kids are not dying FOR ME.

Kids are dying for an idiotic piece of shit worthless (p)resident and his oil buddies.

Don't put this on me

Reply to
bushlied

That is disgusting

It isn't patriotism, it is nationalism

The same disgusting nationalism that we see in the Middle East

It is wrong there, it is wrong here

Reply to
bushlied

Please ..

These people fly the flag like Nazis did in Nazi Germany, with some crazed racist nationalistic fever/psychosis. Every time they fly the flag excessively, you wonder where they are going to setup the next concentration camp - Montana perhaps?.

The war mother Gold Star flag is one that has red box border with a Gold star in a white field. This one is not like that.

But this one is an American flag with red and white stripes and a single Gold star in the blue field. Is this some kind of secret Confederate flag perhps?

I am considering moving but have to stay put for a bit.

Thanks for any advice.

Reply to
ddgh

I Pledge Allegiance to the flag of the United States of America and to the Republic for which it stands, one Nation under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all.

MOVE out of this country

Reply to
No

Move to Iran, you will be right at home.

Reply to
No

In article , ddgh wrote: [raving lunacy snipped]

Advice to you is: get a grip.

Reply to
Doug Miller

No wrote: [snip]

[snip]

Absolute drivel. Allegiance to a piece of cloth is the height of stupidity. As for a nation "indivisible, with liberty and justice for all", that is a laughable load of crap. The US is as divided as it has been in 150 years. Pat Buchanan is arguing that in 50 years the American southwest will no longer have a link to traditional American values, culture or language. The country is coming apart at the seams. Liberty and justice is a myth, belonging only to the rich and powerful in the US. Your "Pledge of Allegiance" is propagandist's dream and a total lie.

Reply to
saroman0414

ddgh wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@news.supernews.com:

There are different flags by different chapters of 'gold star mothers' rather than acting like a twit go ask your neighbor. No wonder this country is going to shit - you folks don't even trust your neighbors enough to talk with them.

Reply to
Gene

"bushlied" wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@m79g2000cwm.googlegroups.com:

The other side of nationalism is globalism. Globalism is selling this country out and globalists are in both parties. You may want to lower you standard of living to the point that you are at the same level as the poorest tribes in South America - I don't. Fuck them, f*ck the Asians/Indians on Visa's to fill our high tech jobs, f*ck the illegals and the corporations employing them and f*ck the far left and the far right who did elect this piece of crap in office today.

Reply to
Gene

I think it means he is a Republican.

Reply to
lwasserm

But they are not. The kids are foolishly dying to control the world's oil. Nobody attacked the USA. Stopping the Iraq and Afghanistan wars will in no way endanger the USA. Iraq and Afghanistan are fighting to be left alone.

If they were after the USA, don't you think they would have attacked first? Don't you think there would have been at least one attack on US soil?

Reply to
Roedy Green

It a bit late now. The time for talk was BEFORE they send their son off to die for no reason under the delusion he was protecting his country. .

Reply to
Roedy Green

Okay, so someone who dies for a reason you don't happen to agree with got pretty much what he deserved which, in turn, gives you a right to demean the death for your own uses.

Reply to
Kurt Ullman

Sure it does. Same way it gives me the right to demean some pervert to kills children for sexual pleasure. Killing for oil is not sufficient justification for what that cunt did.

Even in defending your country there is still no justification for terrorism and torturing children.

Reply to
Roedy Green