Gluing Wood

I have to glue a cracked wooden door on a bathroom cabinet. The wood is very dry. Is it a good idea to slightly dampen the wood with water before applying carpenter's wood glue (not Gorilla Snot.) When I've glued dry wood in the past, it seems that the wood sucks the water out of the glue, keeping it from flowing smoothly.
Pointers welcome.

I've never wet the wood, but some people have done so. Too much water and the glue will not absorb either. It should be wiped at best, not saturated.
I'd do it dry, saturate the crack or wipe both sides with wood glue, clamp for at least a few hours.

It will suck in the glue better, and im sure the instructions say dry. Best is to clamp it together for a day

RTFC (C = container)

BTW...my Elmer's Carpenters Glue says "Surfaces must be clean and dry".

Keep it dry, apply a slow cure 2 part epoxy and clamp overnight. Clean excess glue completely after application because epoxies are very permanent. In a bathroom environment you need a damp proof and very strong adhesive...nothing beats epoxies for that. Ask any boat owner. Elmers, Titebond and similar are OK for easy cleanup and average service. These and others like cyanoacrylates are all useful in my shop.
Joe