Gluing Rubber to Plastic

I need to glue rubber feet back onto an optical mouse. What kind of glue should I use? If I use epoxy or Super Glue, I will probably not be able to remove the rubber feet to access the screws if I need to disassemble the mouse to clean it. If I use rubber glue, I have to go buy a bottle of it. What's the best glue to use?
On 11/5/2010 7:39 AM, mcp6453 wrote:

Check out this site:
http://www.thistothat.com /
TDD

If it is optical there is nothing to clean. That is a problem with the old ball driven mice.
You really don't need the pads that originally were on the mouse. I've had them come off and simply ignored them. If you really think you need them, just cut little pieces of any of the plastic electrical tapes. They will slide and can be removed easily.
Charlie

try rubber cement or contact cement.
--
Jim Yanik
jyanik

Right. It comes in viscous liquid and spray and is just the ticket. 3M's Super 77 or Super Tack are some good ones. Barge is another, but pretty much anyone will work in a less-than-critical application such as yours.

Use something slightly flexible, like silicon rtv or even window caulk, or rubber cement, or leave them off.

You could try the self adhesive felt pads sold in the big box stores as furniture leg pads. Joe G
mcp6453 wrote:

You COULD get replacement mouse-feet: http://www.slicksurf.com /
I'd try the least aggressive glue I could find, probably rubber cement.