Either one will work.

on salt

plastic
water-tight.
small,
platform
appreciated.
well :o)
Those plastic storage containers are likely to become brittle and crack after very many months of being outside in the sun. Yhey're not designed for such use. They same is true of the kayak if it is plastic. (Fiberglass survives sun better) I store my kayaks in the garage out of the sun. I've seen kayaks stored outside that crack on any impact. And, I've got "plastic storage boxes" that are falling apart from being outside.
Bob
clipped

By the time the kayak rots, I'll be too old to worry about it :o) And if I had a garage, we would not be having this conversation :o)
there's 231 cubic inches per gallon of water and a gallon of water weighs 8.35 pounds As someone else suggested, I would use two lengths of the lighter weight PVC (used for yard drainage and a similar product with holes is used for foundation drainage). They are only about $5 for 10' and the common pvc cements in the plumbing department make a reliable seal. Each 10' length would lift about 53 pounds. If you want to get really high tech, rig up a valve system to flood the tubes (to launch the kayak) and a simple air pump to force the water out and lift the kayak out of the water. A commercial version of this is called a hydrahoist. bill

bill a wrote:

If my hubby heard this suggestion, he would require $200 worth of electronics to operate the valves :o) I'm thinking about bevening one end of the "rails" so the kayak slides on and a couple of rope handles to push off. Looks good on paper :o)

but that's why they invented flea markets and garage sales, no?