Gluing plastic drop cloths

I need to glue plastic drop cloths to a metal frame but the caulk I have tested wont adhere to the plastic. I tried as a test using new GE silicone caulk and latex caulk on black plastic bags but they didnt adhere well. Would Liqued Nails or something else work better, are garbage bags the same plastic as the drop cloths sold so my tests are correct.

That reminds me...I have to order some more Dow 732.
Take a look here:
http://www.mcmaster.com/#7587a51/=4a9exh
Thanks for the reminder!

Some plastics really don't glue well, it sounds like you've found one of them.
I've had good luck gluing polyethylene (which is notorious for nothing sticking to it) with 3M "super 77" spray adhesive. Most good hardware stores have it, as well as a bunch of places online.
Eric Law
Eric wrote:

Second that 3M-77 stuff. I used to attach laminate to the kitchen countertops. It'll stick an ice cube to a beaver tail.
On Fri, 30 Oct 2009 06:20:59 -0700 (PDT), ransley

Liberally seal the seam with a hot glue gun, then press it down with an iron.

Harbor Freight has blue tarp mender tape that works quite well on the plastic (probably PE) tarps. Ought to work OK for your project.
Joe
On Fri, 30 Oct 2009 06:20:59 -0700 (PDT), ransley

Maybe contact cement or rubber glue. I've used duct tape to secure plastic drop cloths when I mudded/sanded/primed/painted the bathtub area. It worked well. If your plastic is not too heavy you can use painters tape or masking tape.