Gluing Linoleum

The edge of my linoleum floor covering is curling up next to the bath tub. The adhesive has failed. What type of adhesive can or should I use to glue it back down? Staples are not an option.

Reply to
mcp6453

mcp6453 wrote in news:KPedndGB94s6Nc7WnZ2dnUVZ snipped-for-privacy@giganews.com:

Not sure how much edge you're talking about. PL Construction adhesive/Liquid Nails will hold it. Get it under as far as you can. Masking tape around and be prepared to clean up any that oozes out with the recommended solvent. Once it dries it's "mechanical method" to remove any unwanted adhesive. Put some weight on the area until it dries. Piece of waxed paper between the weight and lino will keep the weight from adhering to the floor but you shouldn't have exposed adhesive anyway.

Reply to
Red Green

Red Green wrote in news:Xns9D03E4243A71DRedGreen@216.168.3.70:

p.s. Be sure to clean out all the dirt and glue you can.

Reply to
Red Green

Before you start driving yourself crazy attempting to reglue, do the icepick test in the exposed crack, and from below if you have access. Make sure subfloor isn't mushy already, a common side effect of that joint failing. If subfloor is mushy, may as well bite the bullet and repair it all properly.

-- aem sends...

Reply to
aemeijers