Gluing Laminate Flooring

Hi,
I am going to lay some tile style laminate flooring in my kitchen but have a problem that I don't want to lay it under the kitchen units and therefore do not have a square room with all the laminate touching walls.
I have therefore considered using a heavy duty glue such as gripfill to
stick the laminate down with.
Does anyone have any better suggestions to this or could anyone advise why this might be a bad idea? I know that the laminate is supposed to expand and contract slightly and was worried gluing might cause any issue.
Thanks in advance
Dave
We put down tile style laminate in the kitchen and not under the counters. We attached shoemolding to the toe kick to hold the laminate in place. You definitely do not want to glue it down.