Gluing hard foam plastic to sheet alunimium

We have made a aluminum box to fit inside a Van and want to cover it in that white sheet plastic foam. I think the two materials are some what smooth or greasy to the touch. Is there a good recommendation on attaching the two materials together.
Add pictures here
✖
I assume you are talking about Styrofoam. The high density foams have a better R factor, they are either pink or blue, polyiso is even better. There is a special version of liquid nails made for foam. I have also had good results with 3M spray adhesive.
--
______________________________
Keep the whole world singing . . . .
On Feb 1, 1:23 pm, snipped-for-privacy@uvvm.uvic.ca wrote:

Smooth and greasy might be polyethylene foam, so you may not have much luck with adhesives. Best approach may be to round up a variety of materials and simply try out small samples of each. There many sealants and adhesives in the building materials at your local borg, so give it a try and good luck.
Joe
Add pictures here
✖
On Sun, 01 Feb 2009 11:23:30 -0800, snipped-for-privacy@uvvm.uvic.ca wrote:

My first thought is 3M Super 77 spray adhesive. Plastics can be tricky--roughen surface with sandpaper and clean with 92% alcohol or acetone (careful, this one may dissolve some plastics).
Add pictures here
✖

Need to know what type of plastic. Polyethylene does not stick to anything. Polystyrene will dissolve with some solvent based adhesives. Consider mechanical fasteners like a big washer and a bolt through the aluminum.
Add pictures here
✖