gluing formica to drywall

I have tore out many kitchens with the laminate, between the counter and upper cabs, glued to the drywall . Many are very well stuck even after 20 years. I know it is not recommended but what glue can be used to try this. I was thinking tile mastic.
calhoun wrote:

Contact cement.
Contact cement will hold but there is no error alowed to work it if it isnt placed perfectly, if cabinets are in place. Liquid nails or many other construction adhesives will give you time to slide it for fit.

The directions should be on the can. You coat both pieces, allow to dry and use a J-roller to press them together.
Colbyt
calhoun" <builderpaul@"pants wrote:

My vote would be for a mastic that is thick and will bridge high/low. Drywall really isn't very flat particularly if the area to which you want to apply the laminate includes corners.
The tile adhesive should work OK...also Liquid nails or similar. Even caulk of whatever kind. You'll need some way to hold the laminate against the wall until the adhesive sets. I'd probably use some 3/4 ply wedged against the laminate. Don't try to wedge the laminate directly, it would deform into whatever contour the wall has.
dadiOH's dandies v3.06... ....a help file of info about MP3s, recording from LP/cassette and tips & tricks on this and that. Get it at http://mysite.verizon.net/xico
Loctite Power Grab Adhesive is an excellent product for securing just about anything. http://www.loctiteproducts.com/products/detail.asp?catidE&subid 3&plidH2
Rich http://www.garagedoorsupply.com