Gluing foam to plywood

Whats the best way to attach foam to a sheet of plywood. I do not want to use any staples. This is going to be used for a head board.

What type of foam? Most will hold with the 3M 77 spray adhesive.

That's what I used when I used to upholster.

Spray foam (the one for insulation) will stick to almost to anything.

Liquid nails or construction adhesive has worked for me. What kind of head board do you mean. For a bed????

Spray on contact cement comes to mind, but I've never made a headboard.
tom @ www.FreeCreditCheckGuide.com
Foam board adhesive is made this purpose. 3.99 for a 28oz tube at menards.

bdeditch wrote:

What kind of foam. It is the hard stuff or soft like would be used in a cushion?
--
Joseph Meehan

Dia \'s Muire duit
Its for a head board for a bed. It will be 1 to 2 inches thick. The same type they use for chairs and mats for sleeping bags.

during rough sex, hehe. What you might prefer is an upholstered head board. Every city has someone who does upholstery and would love to build what you want. That way you will have something that looks nice and also serves the function desired.

Thats the ticket!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wrap it in canvas, with ties like a giant seat cushion, and tie it to the same loops the restraints hook onto.