Gluing foam to plywood

Whats the best way to attach foam to a sheet of plywood. I do not want to use any staples. This is going to be used for a head board.

Reply to
bdeditch

What type of foam? Most will hold with the 3M 77 spray adhesive.

Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski

Spray foam (the one for insulation) will stick to almost to anything.

Reply to
Jack

Liquid nails or construction adhesive has worked for me. What kind of head board do you mean. For a bed????

Reply to
Lawrence

Spray on contact cement comes to mind, but I've never made a headboard.

tom @

LayPerson Tom

Foam board adhesive is made this purpose. 3.99 for a 28oz tube at menards.

Reply to
J.A. Michel

What kind of foam. It is the hard stuff or soft like would be used in a cushion?

Reply to
Joseph Meehan

of foam. It is the hard stuff or soft like would be used in a

Reply to
bdeditch

That's what I used when I used to upholster.

Reply to
C & E

Oh now I get it. You want a padded headboad to soften the impacts during rough sex, hehe. What you might prefer is an upholstered head board. Every city has someone who does upholstery and would love to build what you want. That way you will have something that looks nice and also serves the function desired.

Reply to
Lawrence

Wrap it in canvas, with ties like a giant seat cushion, and tie it to the same loops the restraints hook onto.

Reply to
Goedjn

board for a bed. It will be 1 to 2 inches thick. The

Thats the ticket!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Reply to
bdeditch

replying to Edwin Pawlowski, david whitmore wrote: will it hold 1/2 inch plywood to 1 1/2 styrofoam out doors

Reply to
david whitmore

replying to david whitmore, Bobby wrote: I think it will. You can also use a waterproof wood glue like one of the Titebond or epoxy.

Reply to
Bobby