Glueless Laminate Flooring-Which do you suggest?

I am putting a new floor in my livingroom and hallway. I have been looking at the glueless floating type. I am going to do the work myself. Any suggestions as to which brand or type I should look at. Which ones to stay away from?
Thanks in advance, tom
Tom.
When you finish up how about a report as to how the install went.
I am thinking of installing a floor in my kitchen but I am afraid I will F*** Up.
The room is square but , my luck I would end up with a board 4 inches on one end and 2 oat the other when I get to the last board.
Tom

looking at

stay
tflfb wrote:

This is why you measure the width of the room before hand calculate how many planks will be used. That way you will know how much to cut the first row.
Post your room width and the width of the planks.
badgolferman wrote:

Doesn't really help if your room isn't square, which most are not.
TomM in NY wrote:

I was told to stay away from the cheap Japanese laminate. Most of the good stuff is made in Germany. I bought Goodfellow Kronoclick which is 8mm thick. The only differences in laminate is the thickness and if it is embossed. The more realistic the emboss (to look like real wood grain) the more expensive. Also, I would go with 8mm thick and a good underlay is also very important, or else you will hear clicking sounds if your floor is uneven. I used a underlay called Quietwalk it has cloth with a thin plastic sheet glued on top (good for basements). It is really easy to install, doorways can be a bit tricky. You just need a miter saw (electric)with a good carbide blade and a jigsaw to rip the lengths and any tricky cuts (around heating vents, etc.)