Glue down hardwoods cupping

A couple questions for the hardwood guru's out there.. I installed glue down, engineered hardwood a few years ago. I followed all proper instructions and did extensive moisture testing on the concrete slab subfloor. Installation went great BUT.. There are now a few areas that "pop" when I walk over the now cupping wood. They are fairly minor and seem to be only a few boards in a few areas and the actual cupping areas are smaller than a paint can in diameter. My questions are these: Would a dehumidifier help with this problem? We are in ATL, GA and you can imagine the humidity here. Should I be looking at this as the glue didn't adhere very well to hold those areas down, or perhaps I didn't leave enough room for expansion? What, if any, options do I have? Can I do some minor repair in those areas and reapply glue or even some liquid nails/weld bond/ PL11 type product? Are there any "tricks of the trade" that I can do, to; 1. Determine the cause of the cupping and 2. repair the few areas. Any suggestions greatly appreciated. Many thanks.

Reply to
pgm

snipped-for-privacy@bellsouth.net (pgm) wrote in news:9575aea9.0408310908.4cdc9428 @posting.google.com:

You're problem sounds as if it's most likely the glue not holding. Engineered woods are great for high humidity areas over slab, below grade etc. If you can get some adhesive to the trouble spots & be sure to hold down the wood for the full cure time you should be alright. You may have had a few boards with some vertical bow to them that didn't want to stay in the adhesive.

Good luck, Adam

Reply to
Adam

I put down an engineered wood floor in my last home. (never again, tile only for me) I had some issues with low or high areas on the concrete floor that were not properly identified before installation. I tried injecting glue from the center of the area and then placed 100 pounds over it for drying. It lasted the 6 months before I sold the home. Have not a clue if it is holding now after 2 plus years.

Reply to
SQLit