glue advice

Bought this 4 inch high "peel and stick" type vinyl baseboard stuff (bought a 100' roll) and it held great for about three months, then started falling off. I would like to buy a glue in a caulk form that would stick this to the wall like sh*t to a blanket....was going to use air nailer and staples, but that would be too "redneck"....The application of this vinyl baseboard is going on a cement floor with floor heat thats covered in lino and am gluing this to primed and painted gyprock walls..thanks for any constructive advice...regards...Jim

Reply to
Jimi

"Jimi" wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@corp.supernews.com:

I used Liquid Nails as per pro advice. Works great.

Reply to
docmill

Cove base glue comes in a tube at my local Menards. Not sure where you live but I would guess that Lowe's and Home Depot have it too.

JK

Reply to
Big_Jake

There are polyurethane glues in a cartridge that will hold anything. I built a precast stone wall with it.

Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski

Try these:

Robert Allison

Use cove base adhesive. I prefer Flexco or Henry's.

Do not use solvent based panel adhesive like liquid nail, it can wrinkle and show through the base.

If you have a lot to do, get one of these:

Reply to
DanG