Glub-Glub sink drain "physics" question?

I had to look up what a brazing rod is, and I don't have any of those. lol

Reply to
Muggles

I'm not so technical. I just use drain strainers like this,

for my bathroom sink drains. It catches everything and I just empty it when I see stuff in it. I haven't had my sink drain clog up since I've been using one of those.

Reply to
Muggles

When you brush your hair, if you have hair to brush, that hair also goes down the drain along with the whiskers and the gunk left over from shaving, brushing your teeth, and mouthwash. The gunk can stick to any hairs that get stuck going down the drain, is what I've been told, anyway.

Reply to
Muggles

It is really a handy material and pretty cheap at a welding store. Of course you can also braze with it if you have a torch.

Reply to
gfretwell

You'll need to either...

A. Pinch off the end you are not inserting until the other end is past the trap

B. Blow out the water from the tubing after it is past the trap

Otherwise, the portion within the trap will be filled with water as it passes through the trap.

Reply to
dadiOH

Muggles posted for all of us...

Well Muggs, you just did about 1000 times the work the PaintedBovine does. Maybe you could coach him on how to do it. Off line of course.

Reply to
Tekkie®

TomR posted for all of us...

Just keep sucking on it until the taste changes... 8-)

Reply to
Tekkie®

Yes, I'm sure some hair does end up in the drain. But, I don't have long hair and I have never had or found a hair clog in the bathroom sink -- mostly just gunk of some kind that builds up and slows the drain process.

Reply to
TomR

Well, not sure what else it could be clogging a bathroom sink.

Reply to
Muggles

Thanks? :-)

Reply to