Glub-Glub sink drain "physics" question?

I had to look up what a brazing rod is, and I don't have any of those. lol
--
Maggie

On Fri, 19 Feb 2016 10:34:59 -0600, Muggles

It is really a handy material and pretty cheap at a welding store. Of course you can also braze with it if you have a torch.
Muggles posted for all of us...

Well Muggs, you just did about 1000 times the work the PaintedBovine does. Maybe you could coach him on how to do it. Off line of course.
--
Tekkie

On 2/19/2016 3:05 PM, Tekkie® wrote:

Thanks? :-)
--
Maggie

Since the OP has clogs farther down the line I am wondering if there is an obstruction in the pipe that things hang up on. I had a Q tip that drove me crazy here until I managed to grab it with a spiral on my snake (I actually just unwrapped the cable a bit) and pull it back up. I could snake the drain and it was fine until enough piled up on it to plug things up. It took a couple of tries before I finally grabbed it. These days I have a tiny lighted camera on a 10 meter cable that plugs into the USB port of my laptop. Pretty cool thing for stuff like this.

I'm not so technical. I just use drain strainers like this, http://tinyurl.com/gv94cnm , for my bathroom sink drains. It catches everything and I just empty it when I see stuff in it. I haven't had my sink drain clog up since I've been using one of those.
--
Maggie

In typed:

Just soap, water, shaving cream, whiskers from shaving, mouthwash, etc. They are old, narrow, lead pipes with virtually no horizontal slope, so I guess the crud does build up. The "clogs" are usually just slow-drain problems, not complete clogs.
Once I do the new re-routed drain lines from underneath (where the ceiling is already removed), all of this will be moot because I will have larger drain lines with a much better slope, etc.
On 2/19/2016 8:59 AM, TomR wrote:

When you brush your hair, if you have hair to brush, that hair also goes down the drain along with the whiskers and the gunk left over from shaving, brushing your teeth, and mouthwash. The gunk can stick to any hairs that get stuck going down the drain, is what I've been told, anyway.
--
Maggie

In typed:

Yes, I'm sure some hair does end up in the drain. But, I don't have long hair and I have never had or found a hair clog in the bathroom sink -- mostly just gunk of some kind that builds up and slows the drain process.
On 2/19/2016 3:16 PM, TomR wrote:

Well, not sure what else it could be clogging a bathroom sink.
--
Maggie