Global warming is our greatest threat

Global warming is definitely the greatest threat to our survival. Al Gore and his boy, barack, sure got it right.
Here in Illinois this April we have had unseasonably cool temperatures every day and there has been snow about 4 of the eight days and sleet on two days. There may be no relief from Mother Nature's vengeance.
What can we do to appease the global warming Gods?
On Fri, 08 Apr 2016 14:00:52 -0500, Gordon Shumway

Scrub a few billion off the population and let that farm land necessary to feed them go back to forest. Stop south americans from burning the rain forest and draining wetlands to grow sugar for fuel.
It is a fact that CO2 levels track population as closely as any other metric and that trend goes back 8000 years. Al didn't tell you that did he? Al's carbon credits are the biggest scam since the Ponzi was invented. We are taxing US corporations to buy trees from 3d world dictators that they do not actually own. If they actually tried to protect those trees the people who live there would be hanging the dictator from one of those trees and they would end up with a new government that ignored all of those credits.
On 4/8/2016 3:00 PM, Gordon Shumway wrote:

http://www.atroshenko.com/NSAlBuddha.html
Gordon Shumway wrote: "Global warming is definitely the greatest threat to our survival. Al Gore and his boy, barack, sure got it right.
#1. Start calling it what it is: CLIMATE CHANGE.
#2. A blanket "global warming" is NOT what is happening. A stretch of snowless winters a few decades ago led the media to proclaim a warming trend, misleading everyone.
#3. Some parts of the world are getting warmer by decade, other parts, cooler by decade. Some areas are getting more precipitation than they used to, other areas are getting less. That is called CHANGE - not "warming".
On Fri, 8 Apr 2016 16:04:38 -0700 (PDT), snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

Bullshit! Your idiot friends coined the term "Global Warming" and now they are having trouble convincing even some of your ilk that it is warming -- when it isn't, they now want to call it something else. Well kiss my ass!

See my answer to your first moot point.

Why did it only recently the leftys become aware, that cycle has been going on for millions of years?

You realize that this makes no sense, don't you? What you are calling climate change, we call weather.
Frank wrote: "- show quoted text - You realize that this makes no sense, don't you? What you are calling climate change, we call weather. "
The first usage of "climate change" dates back to the 1960s. The first usage of "global warming" dates to the 1970s.
YOU guys tell ME which was the first, and correct, term.
On Fri, 8 Apr 2016 17:19:20 -0700 (PDT), snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

Me raising my hand, jumping up and down sayin "ooh, ooh, I know, I know!"
That's easy -- "WEATHER!"

The one bad thing about the usenet is you can't see some lefty's head explode when he reads a post like the one above. Damn.

thekmanrocks, are you still there?

Raise NOAA's budget.