Global warming -- America's greatest threat!

Page 4 of 5
On Saturday, November 22, 2014 4:18:36 PM UTC-5, Davej wrote:

The typhoon in the Pacific from Nov 7 is what's causing the cold weather in NYC over two weeks later? Says who, exactly? Will it be over by Spring? This is the first time i've ever heard of a hurricane or typhoon being blamed for the current weather 2 weeks after it's gone.
On 11/22/2014 5:34 PM, trader_4 wrote:

The typhoon was the reason the cold snap hit central tx earlier this week. I think the jet stream moved it (the cold snap) east causing the moisture and cold weather. It is a bit ironic. We (central tx) had one of the coldest Nov on record due to a typhoon.
We're getting lots of rain now. We need it.
On Saturday, November 22, 2014 6:56:38 PM UTC-8, gonjah wrote:

a boat with all the animals.

7.

And the doubters still need to explain the latest news.
'2014 to be the hottest year on record ever' Not exact quote but that was t he headling in my paper a day or two ago. Also 3 of the last 5 years also set "hottest ever" records. I saw that about 2 months ago so "3 of 5" may not be fully accurate but it is in the ball park.
One can ague (stupidly) that man is not causing or even contributing to GW but it takes a real certifiable moron to claim it is not happening
Harry K
On Sunday, November 23, 2014 11:34:23 AM UTC-5, Harry K wrote:

in a boat with all the animals.

r 7.

o set "hottest ever" records. I saw that about 2 months ago so "3 of 5" ma y not be fully accurate but it is in the ball park.

You have to stop reading the headlines and read the details. The headlines crowed that Oct was the warmest Oct on record. Yeah, by a whopping .02 degrees. Maybe you believe they have that degree of accuracy, but even if you do, is the headline justified? And I'd bet that if you dig into the dat a, you'd find that more monitoring sites are now included than in the past and that they've massaged the data in some "unbiased" way to bring it all together.
The truth is the average global temp has been basically going sideways for the last 17 years. Look for the char ts and you'll see it. The global warming crowd has taken to desperately trying to come up with all kinds of excuses for why it's going sideways, instead of up. Mind you 10, 15 years ago, they didn't say global warming would talke a pause because of x, y, z. But now, sure enough with 20-20 hindsight, they are coming up with one "possible" excuse after another.
On 11/23/2014 11:34 AM, Harry K wrote:

certifiable moron to claim it is not happening

Global warming is not happening.
On 11/23/2014 5:57 PM, Stormin Mormon wrote:

HA! Good one SM.
On Sunday, November 23, 2014 3:57:47 PM UTC-8, Stormin Mormon wrote:

Thanks for proving my point.
Harry K
On 11/24/2014 12:52 AM, Harry K wrote:

was that?
--
.
Christopher A. Young

Right, climate scientists don't know about cycles? Really? We're on track for the hottest year in the last 100 or so.
On Monday, November 24, 2014 9:17:20 AM UTC-5, dgk wrote:

Never said or implied that they don't know about cycles. If they do know all about cycles and the climate, why didn't they tell us 17 years ago that there would be a pause in global warming and that the global temp would be going sideways for the next 17 years? Did they do that? No. But now the global warming proponents are all running around with one excuse after another as to why the temp has been going sideways, instead of up. Now, if they understand cycles and global warming, why is it that it's only AFTER the fact, when temps have gone sideways for 17 years, that they are now coming up with one "possible" reason after another to try to explain it away?
In the 70s, the scientists were all convinced that we were entering a period of global warming. Time ran a cover story about the coming ice age. How did that work out?

I think you meant to say a period of global COOLING
http://news.google.com/newspapers?nid 02&dat740807&id=W0UuAAAAIBAJ&sjid=tNoFAAAAIBAJ&pg2,1415566
there is also a great twilight zone episode called "the midnight sun" look it up
the man was a genius to foresee this hysteria
Mark
On Monday, November 24, 2014 9:40:17 AM UTC-5, snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com wrote:

Yes, my mistake.

On Monday, November 24, 2014 6:24:31 AM UTC-8, trader_4 wrote:

It didn't work out at all as no climatologist ever bought into it. It was only the popular press that manufactured it. That's been known for some 40 odd years now. Did you just hear about it?
Harry K
Harry K

There are two kinds of deniers. One claims that it really isn't getting hotter. That's kind of stupid because we can measure that. Then they just say that we're measuring different places.
The other says that it's just a normal cycle, as if people who spend their lives working on climate don't know about cycles.
I've been called a conspiracy nut because I think that JFK was killed by elements of our government and that 9/11 was allowed to happen. But folks who believe that huge numbers of scientists are lying and the governments of the world are working with them are what?
10 people can't keep a secret.
All I can say is that I hope that the deniers are right because otherwise we are in really deep shit.
On 11/24/2014 9:23 AM, dgk wrote:

I'm the third kind.
--
.
Christopher A. Young

That was tongue-in-cheek, right?
--
Pete Cresswell

On 11/24/2014 10:40 AM, (PeteCresswell) wrote:

I'm the third kind of man-made global warming denier.
And, yes, I completely deny man- made global warming.
--
.
Christopher A. Young

No that's Storming Idiot. If you wouldn't have replied to him, I would have been spared another dose of idiocy. Have pity on your fellow readers and tune up your kill file.
Thanks.
--
Dan Espen

That you are a certified Moroni, to be exact. One would expect the root word to be moron.