Glidden Paint?

Getting Ready to paint my house. I am going to use roller and brush. Consumer reports show Flat Glidden Paint (Spread Dura) is the Best Buy at $

15 per gal.

Does anyone have experience with Glidden paints? It is sold by Hone Depot, which makes me a little leery. Any problems? If so, any recommendations for better paint?

Has anyone heard of Frazee Paint, which is very popular here in Southern California?

Thanks

Reply to
Walter R.

Incidentally, that's rough stucco I am painting.

Reply to
Walter R.

i like the behr home depot paint myself its worked well and held up great

Reply to
hallerb

I deal with a lot of painters. Half swear by Duron and the other swear by Sherwin Williams.

If you go with SW, don't use the Superpaint. The bottom-of-the-line Style Perfect is the stuff they swear by.....

Reply to
Dr. Hardcrab

Frazee Paint is used by one builder here and it is exterior for stucco (Southern Nevada desert) . I can't attest to the quality of the paint.

I'm using Behr paint on my stucco.

Oren

I used it for years in Florida. I'd rate it up among the very best on market. Jack

Reply to
tinacci336

Thanks, did you mean Glidden or Frazee?

Reply to
Walter R.

Duron is cheap so builders like it. Sherwin Williams washers off the brushes well but does not adhere particularly well. Some of their paint is very mildew resistant.

Reply to
Art

IIRC, Glidden has been around for years and years befoe HD. Glidden is a brand marketed in the US by ICI (IMperial Chemical Industries) an old line UK chemicals and paint maker.

I irst used Glidden back about 1979 - 1980, long before HD cranked up. It was reasonably prced then, and gave good service.

Reply to
Jim McLaughlin

Flat paint on an exterior surface?

Reply to
yellowbirddog

Just curious: How many gallons of paint would you guess you'll need for this project?

Reply to
Doug Kanter

You're thinking that because everyplace on earth, dirt clings better to exterior flat finishes, it might be true in this case also? :)

Reply to
Doug Kanter

about 20 gl, why?

Reply to
Walter R.

Two reasons:

-Sometimes, people ask similar questions to yours, but they're only talking about a two gallon job, and then it seems silly not to just buy the best, which amounts to maybe $14.00 for the two gallons. Paint like Devoe or Pratt & Lambert.

-In your case, you'd probably get a discount for buying 20 gallons, so maybe you're talking an extra hundred for all of it. Weigh this against how much you love to paint. And paint again.

Reply to
Doug Kanter

Good idea, thanks

Reply to
Walter R.

Seriously - Devoe or Pratt & Lambert are amazing paints. You'll never go back once you've tried them.

Reply to
Doug Kanter

My house is painted inside and out with Glidden. It's good paint.

Reply to
J.A. Michel

Don't know about Frazee. I've never come across it here in northern NJ. Benjamin Moore is the big dog around here. It has the brand recognition my customers want to see. That being said, I've used Glidden, especially the acrylic primer, and found it to be excellent paint. FWIW YMMV

Reply to
NickySantoro

Are you crazy? The bottom of the line of ANY brand is crap. SuperPaint is good paint, as is the pro line ProMar 200. There is no sense at all in talking about brands. There is only sense in talking about specific paints within a brand. Comparing SW to Duron is a waste of time.

Reply to
jeffc