Glazier Points - How Many?

I'm about to put up some glass panels, one is about 28" x 68", the other two about 24" x 68" and was wondering how many points should be used to secure them (top, bottom, sides). The panels are 68" high and .25" thick.

Thanks for any info.

Reply to
sg

George

put a point on a big window every 12 to18"

Reply to
mark Ransley

from what i remember using them they had about one every 8 inches or so.. with a bigger window like that it seems right to do it.. on a little 12 by 12 glass pane we had about two on top, two on bottom, two on each sied....

Reply to
jim

It should say on the package how far apart they go... less than

12", certainly. But for a panel as large as you're talking about, I'd expect it to be held in place with molding, not points.
Reply to
Goedjn