Glass Scratches

Hi all, Is there any way to polish scratches out of a glass door. We had a dog that liked to scratch when she came in, now the door looks like doggie... well you know. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks kraM

no. it'll be far easier, cheaper, and safer to replace the glass.
"Charles Spitzer" writes:

Depends on what type of door (fixed glass vs inserts) and how much elbow grease the OP is willing to put into the effort.
DAGS on glass polishing. It's basically a two step polishing system, can't recall the first rubbing compound but the second is cesium oxide, IIRC.
Best,
Marc

well, yeah, except i've had dogs completely frost a panel of glass. it was FAR easier and faster to replace it, as the woodworking had to be done anyway since the dog scratched and destroyed it too. the amount of work to polish a square foot of glass, not to mention that it wouldn't ever be clear and non-wavy again, and the woodwork involved would have been FAR more than just replacing the entire door, ime.
"Charles Spitzer" writes:

[snip]
[snip]
Then you have the advantage of me. I've only done windshields, and none to recently either.
If the damage to the OP's door is anywhere near what you describe I second your recommendation of replacement of refinishing.
Best,
Marc