Glass Paint?

Hi All,
I usually go to great pains to keep paint of my glass windows.
This time, I actually "want" to paint the glass (not the frame, the actual glass window). Can I use plain old exterior house paint? Or, do I need a special paint?
Many thanks, --Tony
Tony wrote:

Paint will stick to glass, but it won't stand up to much wear. What's the application?
If you want the best adhesion, you could etch the glass prior to painting.
Try "Gripper" from ICI/Glidden. This stuff sticks to everything (including human skin) except polyethylene.
Peter.

Try "Gripper" from ICI/Glidden. This stuff sticks to everything except polyethylene (including human skin). It comes in white but it can be tinted at the store. It is between an eggshell and semi-gloss. You should check at the store re: exterior use.
Peter.