Glass Block Basement Window

Would like to convert an existing basement sliding glass window to a glass block type. Plan to order an already made-to-opening size system. The sill & jamb are in excellent shape - treated 2x wood. Quite sure you can use mortar, but is there is special method to ensure that it adheres to the wood? And, since we're experiencing temps of 30-40 degrees right now, will the mortar set up OK? Is there any mortar additive that facilitates "low temp" setting?
I woulnt recommend mortar on bare wood it will pull moisture out of the mix before it cures. An oil primer and latex topcoat is smart. Perhaps there is a better way, someone else knows of. Freezing is another issue im mot sure of

http://www.hy-lite.com /
You might consider removing the sill and jambs and using a larger window. You will get more light that way.
snipped-for-privacy@facstaff.wisc.edu wrote:

there.
Unless it is vital that you put in this glass block window right away, I would wait until Spring and you won't be faced with these problems. Also, if you live in -30 temps, think of all the frigid air that is going to enter your house while you are installing your glass block window.
snipped-for-privacy@facstaff.wisc.edu wrote in message

Have you thought about getting one that installs like a conventional replacement window? I am pretty sure that you can get one from PPG ( glass ) or Hy-Lite ( acrylic ). In both cases you can probably get one that opens or just a panel.