Giving credit when a warranty is honored

I installed a bunch on Simonton VRW about 6 years ago. The vinyl frame has a lifetime warranty and the windows themselves have a decreasing warranty that goes out about 50 years. The first 20 years are 100% covered.

A couple of weeks ago, during that really hot spell that most of us went through, one upper sash began to fog up between the panes. I called Simonton, gave them the bar code number from the side of the sash and about a week later the replacement sash showed up on my doorstep.

No questions asked, no hassle, no request for the old sash back.

Gotta give credit where credit where is due.

Reply to
DerbyDad03

There are still companies that honor their warranties and actually do the right thing. Good to know that Simonton is one of them

Reply to
ChairMan

That is so cool, you lucked out and it appears you made a very wise decision 6 years ago when you purchased the windows. ^_^

TDD

Reply to
The Daring Dufas

I bought the windows from a Norandex-Reynolds distributor on the recommendation of an acquaintance that had recently retired as a salesman from N-R. Since he no longer worked there and would make no commission on the sale, I took his recommendation as "trustworthy".

When I compared the features and price of the Simonton windows from N-R vs. the home center choices, I estimated that I was getting a upgrade from the home center stock windows to somewhere between their first and second level "special order" choices - for the price of their base offering.

In addition, I was dealing with a single salesperson who was a wealth of information for a first time window installer (me). He gave me his cell phone number and told me to call him anytime I had questions. Since then I have bought a main entry door, a garage side entry door and a storm door for the main entry door through N-R. I have also recommended them to a few of my friends.

Consider me a satisfied customer.

Reply to
DerbyDad03

Well there are some intelligent posters in the group, glad you had good luck and posted your results here. I learn something new everyday and there is nothing like paying attention to those who've had experience with any kind of product whether it was a good one or a bad one. ^_^

TDD

Reply to
The Daring Dufas

Hey, if ya can't learn sumptin new everyday yer doin sumptin wrong

Reply to
ChairMan

Heck, DD03 posted some very good information many folks can use when choosing replacement windows for their home. That's the kind of posts that the newsgroup is all about, he did good. ^_^

TDD

Reply to
The Daring Dufas

I put a Price-Pfister Faucet in my Kitchen 20 some years ago. It has a lifetime Guarantee. I've called them at least five times over the years when it's acted up and they always send replacement parts right out. Sometimes they say there will be a shipping charge and take a cc number but they have never actually charged me for the shipping. They even replaced the spout because I said, truthfully, that the chrome had some flaked spots.

Reply to
Ashton Crusher