Gibson side-by-side: no ice cubes or ice-water

Just bought a house with a Gibson side-by-side -- can't find Model# and not sure how old. The previous owners had admitted that the ice-maker did not work, and when I went down to the basement I thought I had found out why: a damaged pipe leading up to the fridge, and the valve shut off. So I bridged the damaged section of pipe and turned on the water, but there is no sign of ice cubes after several hours. Selecting "Water" and positioning a receptacle under the spout results in the sound of water running -- but it appears to be running into a tray underneath. I hear mechanical noises when I select "Ice," but there are no ice cubes. There is a layer of ice in the bottom of the freezer compartment; it has returned only an hour or two after digging the old ice out from there.
Ideas?
FB
Hi,

*Some* model# helps... http://www.applianceaid.com/model.html

Ice in the freezer can be a leak from the water system for the icemaker or a plugged defrosting drain leaking the defrost water inside.

Time to inspect the lines in the fridge and at the fridge back for any cracked/split ones.

Make sure the "wand arm" is in the down/on position for the icemaker ( right on the side of the icemaker ) and that the freezer is cold enough ( below 15F )
jeff.
OK, I found the Model#; it is MRS22WRAW1.
Is the likely culprit something that has to be attacked from the back of the fridge or from inside? I'll try to roll the fridge out if necessary, but it seems difficult to move.
And when I referred to the sound of water "running into a tray underneath" I meant underneath the cabinet, at floor level, not within the cabinet itself.
FB