GFI update

Changed the GFI with no luck. Thus pretty much exhausts my background in the area so later on next week I'll call out an electrician to see what is happening.
but what they conceal is vital.?
Thanks Please do come back when it is resolved to let us all know what is was. Mark
On Sat, 21 Mar 2015 14:33:11 -0700 (PDT), snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com wrote:

And please give more backgound then. I read every day but I don't remember what case Kurt was talking about. (Don't bother explaiining it now. Wait until he comes back and hel'll explain it.)
On Saturday, March 21, 2015 at 5:21:33 PM UTC-4, Kurt Ullman wrote:

Did you try what I suggested you should try before replacing it, which is to disconnect the downstream loads and see if the GFCI receptacle will then reset? If it does, then there is a fault downstream and you can try isolating one load at a time. If it still doesn't reset, power is there and it's properly connected, then something very strange is going on.
On 3/21/2015 5:21 PM, Kurt Ullman wrote:

Could there be another GFI outlet on the circuit that needs to be reset? We had a mystery trip once that took a lot of searching to discover.
In typed:

For those who don't recall the OP's original question, on 03/16/2015 he previously posted the following using the subject "GFI question":
"My pool has a Ground Fault Interuptor that has two plugs but also covers the pump, light and automatic cover motors. It isn't currently working. When I push the reset in, there is no click and nothing happens (even with everything turned off for the winter, the incidcator lights on the auto cover should show). Before when I have had problems with the circuit, it would at least catch and you would hear a click before it kicked off again. This time, push in the reset and it just comes right back out again, no click or any kind of reaction. Does this sound like it is most likely the GFI itself?"
I'm sure the electrician will be able to figure it out.
Probably the first question will be whether the original and now new GFI's had/have any power to them. If not, maybe it's a bad circuit breaker, loose wire connection, etc. I had mentioned a few ways to check for that earlier, including using various possible tester options, or maybe just temporarily replacing the GFI with a regular receptacle and seeing if the regular receptacle then has power.
And, yes, if you are not comfortable or sure about doing some of this (including changing the circuit breaker etc), then calling an electrician is the way to go.
Let us know what you find out.
On Monday, March 23, 2015 at 9:14:29 AM UTC-5, TomR wrote:

Let's wait for the OP...K?
Kurt,
You never reported if you measured 120V coming into the GFCI from the main breaker. A simple voltmeter from any hardware store is less than $15.00, f ree at Harbor Freight if you buy anything. If you don't have 120V coming i nto the GFCI, it will not click like you said in your original post.
DID YOU MEASURE 120V from the breaker to the GFCI?????????