GFI's?

Perhaps it's time to consider that either you have GFCI's that are overly sensitive or that you have some other problem. GFCI's can trip from a motor load, which is one reason they are not recommended for refrigerators. However, I haven't seen any of mine tripping from routine things that set yours off, like turning on a switch to routine lights or loads. You should realize that with millions of them installed, if they were behaving anything like yours, their would be problems all the time. As an example, I routinely use power tools outside on GFCI and that doesn't cause a trip.
Claude Hopper wrote:

That shouldn't happen because a GFCI has a time delay that varies with the amount of leakage current -- a big leak will make will make it trip immediately, a small leak may not trip it for several seconds. UL standard 943 allows about 10 seconds for 4mA leakage, 0.3 second for about 250 mA. See page 4 of this document:
www.national.com/ds/LM/LM1851.pdf#page=1
I had problems with one GFCI because the wiring in the circuit was pretty loose, and another GFCI was bad because the false tripping stopped after it was replaced.
I wouldn't say GFCIs are worthless because I was once shocked badly enough to cause one to trip. I might have been killed if the circuit had lacked GFCI protection. BTW that circuit has the overhead fluorescent lamp wired into it permanently, and there's no false tripping when that lamp is turned on or off, even though fluorescents put out big surges when turned on or off.
On Fri, 21 Nov 2008 20:00:32 -0500, Claude Hopper

They should not trip unless there is something wrong.