GFI in kitchen

What is the timeframe when GFI protection was required in a kitchen?
Was it different for bathrooms and outdoor receptacles?
This is just for a neighborhood discussion.
Thanks Charlie
Charlie,
I am not sure of the time other than the early eighties in Arizona. The houses that we work on that have one GFCI either in the kitchen or master bath have the other exterior and bathroom wired through them so they are protected also.
cm

Around 1972 they were first required for bathroom outlets. I don't remember exactly when, but sometime later, they were required for any outlet within 6 foot of a kitchen sink, with each code change they added new locations. I do believe that garage outlets and outside outlets came shortly after bathroom outlets, but I could be mistaken

My house was built in '78. Bathrooms and outdoors have them, kitchen does not.

re: This is just for a neighborhood discussion.
In *real* neighborhoods, we play sports trivia. <g>
I'll take "House Wiring" for $400, Alex.
On Sat, 5 Apr 2008 17:43:25 -0700 (PDT), DerbyDad03

As is the answer to most NEC questions, ask Mike Holt
http://www.mikeholt.com/documents/nec/pdf/GFCI_requirement_page2.pdf

That's a great page. Thanks for the info
Charlie