GFI down stream from a GFI

Anyone know if installing a GFI on the load side of another GFI can cause problems.

Reply to
Tom H

Why would anyone want to? If the first GFCI is wired so that it protects the entire downstream circuit, the second one is unnecessary -- and if it's not wired that way, then the two won't interfere with each other.

Reply to
Doug Miller

This usually happens when a GFCI protected appliance (pressure washer, boat lift etc) gets plugged into a GFCI protected outlet. It will work fine.

Reply to
gfretwell

I believe that GFCI is good for protecting only 6(?) outlets beyond itself. Can't imagine more outlets that that on one circuit, but that's the NEC (if memory serves).

Enjoy,

Reply to
DaveC

Got a citation for that? I can't find anything like that in the Code.

Reply to
Doug Miller