GFCI tripping w/ expresso. Use another plug ?

thanks for the answers. I will go buy a multimeter, although I am not sure what I should do to correct if I find it doesn't do what Autotracer explained below.
What are the risks of using a non-GFCI outlet (not grounded as I live in an old house) for a few weeks ? My in-laws are visiting soon, and I'd like to be able to offer them decent coffee.
thanks. Fred
PS- I am reposting as, somehow, if I don't create a new thread, the msg won't show up as new.
AutoTracer wrote:

the
so it

had
" To answer the risk question, numbers of amps (or milliamps) that are leaking down the safety ground wire must be known. "
If I had an espresso machine that was tripping a GFCI and I determined it was not the GFCI, I'd either get it fixed or get a new one. Exactly how much current is leaking has very little relevance. Clearly there is a defect and the current could change from a very small amount to a lethal amount with no warning. If it's a loose wire, or partial short, it could go to lethal just with moisture or a good bump.
As I recall, you had demonstrated leakage from a motor inside the expresso machine. The conductivity function in a meter probably will not measure that leakage. 'Kludge' the power cord connection so that a meter will measure as little as microamps of AC current. IOW that meter must be able to measure tenths of AC milliamps. You must put the meter in series with the safety ground prong.
The GFCI only trips when the motor powers on. Since all wires are separated, then the motor would be the leakage. Leakage in motors often means a circuit path that cannot be measured by the DC test voltage from that meter. A better alternative would be disassembly, cleaning, and inspection of that motor.