Gfci on a different circuit tripping when I turn tv on!

I have a gfci on one circuit that trips when I turn on a tv that is on another circuit!
This only happens if I leave the tv off for exended period of time like 24 hours!
I can not repeat this if I simply turn the tv off and on repaleatedly! And when I leave the Tv off for 20 hours or so it does not always cause the gfci on the different circuit to trip!
I replaced the tripping gfci with a new one and it changed nothing.
Also in heavy rain the tripping gfci does trip! It is a circuit with long runs to outside lights and shed!
Also tripping gfci was once a circuit that had RF on it! This is 1940 BX wiring!
John
Disconnect any antenna/cable box/anything connections to the tv except for the power cord, and repeat the test. Whn you power up the tv, and any char ges on any wires connected to the tv have leaked off, the turn-on transient s may propogate on any leads connceted to the tv, and cause noise in anythi ng else in your house.
I admit it seems weird, but my background is in electromagnetic compatibili ty, and I have seen more weird things than I can describe. Please try the experiment and please report back here.

Hi, What TV brand? Does it have power cord with ferrite choke on it? Most of them do. Our Panasonic Viera Plasma set does.
On Thu, 22 May 2014 00:44:02 +0000, Johnnyb

The rain tripping is probably from moisture getting under the cover. Check them out and replace if necessary.
As for the TV, the only solution I can think of is to replace it with an 80" flat screen and surround sound system.
On Wednesday, May 21, 2014 8:44:02 PM UTC-4, Johnnyb wrote:

What does "once had RF on it mean"?

John-
HRHofmann may be onto something with regard to electromagnetic compatibility. I would look for a coupling mechanism via the safety ground circuit. It might be that you have a loose neutral connection at your electrical service entrance.
Fred