GFCI not made in China

Some years ago, I asked her if anyone knew of a GFCI not made in China. I am happy to report that Leviton manufactures what are marketed as NAFTA-compliant GFCI's that are made in Mexico. I had to order from Amazon, as I have not seen these in my local Home Depot, Lowe's, or Ace Hardware, but the 7599-FI and 7599-FW are commercial 15-amp GFCI's that are reasonably priced. They also have several 20-amp models and a line of hospital-grade devices. And I just spotted the X7599-FI and X7599-FW, which are actually made in the USA!

Reply to
Andrew M. Saucci, Jr.

"Andrew M. Saucci, Jr." wrote in news:51733782$0$19540 $ snipped-for-privacy@cv.net:

I'm glad to hear it. I had to replace last fall a made-in-China Leviton GFCI which had been installed for less than a year. Wrote their customer service department and told them how unhappy I was -- never got a response. Maybe they've wised up and moved some of their production back here.

Reply to
Doug Miller

Hi, I had good luck with Cooper brand GFCI.

Reply to
Tony Hwang

I've had 3 GFCIs fail.

  1. Leviton from the 1980s: tripped randomly, even on the bench

  1. A different brand, plug in type, made in Korea: triac exploded, power stayed disconnected

  2. Factory replacement for #2, very different internal design: failed in 10 days in the opposite way -- power stayed connected, test button had no effect.

The replacement for #3 has worked fine for over a decade.

Reply to
larrymoencurly